z

Young Writers Society

Questions about "Will Review for Food"

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:22 pm
View Likes
Sins says...

SilentRain wrote:I have posted a thread to review, but no one has responded... what do I do???

I'm aware that you have gotten a few requests by now, but I thought I'd still comment on this. :)

Like Elinor said, just be patient. You can do a few things to encourage people to request a review from you. For example, instead of just sitting around and waiting for a request, go around some of the forums and review some random things. If you do that, people will notice your reviews and there'll be more of a chance that you will get requests because others know that you are an avid reviewer.

Another thing that you could always try is to include the link to your WRFF thread in your signature. That seems to work pretty well, I think. You could also feature your thread on your profile so that whenever someone visits your profile, they'll see the link to your WRFF thread. Also, review threads almost always start off a bit slow. As long as you stick to it, provide people with good reviews and respond as quickly as possible, the requests will build up and you'll eventually get review requests very often!

The bets thing to do, to be honest, is review as much as possible. Make sure that your reviews are detailed, helpful and thorough. Reviewing regularly helps an awful lot to, as long as they are detailed reviews. If you make sure that your reviews are like that, the requests will soon come pouring in. ;)
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:33 pm
ultraviolet says...

Hey, so earlier I had a WRFF thread, but I closed it because I just couldn't keep up with it; I wasn't dedicated enough. Now, I want to open a new one. So I was wondering,would it be alright if I made a new thread? My reviewing style's a lot different, and I think it'd feel cleaner. I'm all for starting with a blank slate. If I have to just reopen my old one, that's fine, but I'd prefer it to look new.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:35 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

I don't see that starting a new thread would do any harm so feel free but you should link me or another moderator to your old one so we can lock it if it isn't already locked.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:32 am
View Likes
RainWanderer says...

Question: On average, how many reviews should one expects for a single short story? I am feeling guilty for asking a few people reading my story at the same time. I just want more diverse points of view for me to better understand my limitation, but I am afraid I am abusing this system.
Who am I? Just a wanderer, traveling from real life to dreams.

“Writing a book is a very lonely business. You are totally cut off from the rest of the world, submerged in your obsessions and memories.” - Mario Vargas Llosa

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:34 am
Snoink says...

It varies depending on your word count! The longer your story is, the less people will comment, generally. For this forum, you should only ask about three people to review. For your other diverse viewpoints, it might be better to give someone a really good review and then (after they've thanked you for your review) ask them to review you back. :)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:56 pm
View Likes
lele253isme says...

I used to post review requests on peoples page. Yes, I'm Wind-Rider, so please help direct me on this forum. I need help.

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:07 pm
Kale says...

Just post your request in one of the open threads. Be sure to pick someone whose reviews you like (you can check a person's reviews by going onto their profile and looking under the Lit Comments tab), and don't request too many people at a time (the maximum is four).
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:04 am
AwesomeSocks says...

Well, I attempted to ask for a review but then apparently I did it wrong and my thread was moved, then someone else said it was in the wrong place when it was moved, and now I am just totally confused. Do you request reviews here? And offer to review in return? Or is that wrong? Confused here :?:
transmissions from space

1220 Reviews

Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:47 am
Kale says...

You create a thread here to offer reviews for free. This means no requesting any reviews in return.

You post in other people's threads to request reviews. If you want to review them to say thanks, that's fine.

Review trades (which is what your thread was, if I recall correctly) don't have a specific place to go. If you want to start up some trades, Chat or PMs are usually a good place. Just be sure to ask if people are interested in doing a review trade before you request one. ;P
WRFF | KotGR

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:28 pm
AwesomeSocks says...

Oh, okay, that makes more sense! I got this completely backwards... thank you for the help :)
transmissions from space

1220 Reviews

Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:50 am
Kale says...

Anytime.
WRFF | KotGR

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:51 pm
Dradian Far Runes says...

Oh, blast, I just posted requests in a ton of forums and then saw the rule that says "only two requests every few days" XD Sorry about that, I'm thinking of submitting it to a contest, so I just wanted to get as much feedback as possible. What do i do now?
They say the eyes
Are windows to the soul
I say the earth
The sky
The moon
The very breath upon my lips
All of these
Are windows
To you

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:10 pm
Rosendorn says...

I've gone ahead and deleted the extra requests. :) In the future, you should be able to delete any post you've made by clicking the little "delete" button in the bottom right corner of your post. If not, just message somebody in green to get rid of them.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Sat May 18, 2013 3:47 pm
Katriona says...

I have a serial story that I am posting on an external blog. There are twenty-one episodes posted right now, and should be another later today... Would it be fair, or permissible, to ask someone to review that?
~Christ's Servant

How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace;
that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation;
that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!
Isaiah 52:7

1220 Reviews

Sun May 19, 2013 7:10 pm
Kale says...

There is no harm in asking, so long as you make it clear that the story is hosted externally, as well as how many episodes you would like reviewed. You may want to ask select persons in private or bring the topic up in chat to increase the chances of finding someone willing, though.
WRFF | KotGR

i love me some swole chickens
— yosh