Young Writers Society

I wanna beta read ur novel !

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:02 pm
View Likes
stygianmoon17 says...

Hi there!
For those who don't know what beta reading is, it's basically when someone reads the first chapter of ur yet unpublished novel and say what works and what doesn't, (in their opinion) :wink:

So I'll basically pre-review it and give you feedback so that you can polish your work even more before actually publishing it,

I want to read:
Spoiler! :
Anything. Romance, fiction, adventure, horror, really anything. It can be your first draft or what you're planning on publishing, or a single chapter, or the full thing. Really, it's up to you.

How much time will it take me to review ur novel?
Spoiler! :
It'll take me about a week, or a month depending on the length really

How It works
Spoiler! :
post your interest here, and if it is a work that's been published on this site, I'll gladly review it. If the novel isn't on YWS, then PM it to me and I'll tell you how I'll review it

How to post your book's info
Spoiler! :
1. Title of your book
2. Genre of your book (or what you believe is the genre of your novel if ur not sure)
3. If it is on YWS or not, and whether you want to send it to me or other
4. A short resume of what it’s about (don’t spoil any twists or the ending tho)
5.What you're planning to do with it? Actually publish it, or simply to polish it..
6.If there are anything specific you want feedback on, then this is where you can put it :D
7.Anything you think I should know !!

Thanks for letting me read your works 💚
-Be careful, no man that had ever ventured there has ever come back alive
-Good thing I'm not a man then

311 Reviews

Reviews: 311
Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:52 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

Title: "America Rising, Book 1: America Gone"

Genre: Sci Fi, Politics, Renewed/Modern Holocaust, Post-Nuclear America

YWS Link: profile/TheScribe/portfolio/475847

Summary: Three years after America was somehow nuked, America has fallen apart. West of the Mississippi River, a fascist nation has sprung up; east of the river, several nation-states are vying for control. Meanwhile, in Europe, the British Prime Minister needs more intell on the American situation.

Plans: At the very least, I want to revise it...
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

137 Reviews

Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:01 pm
stygianmoon17 says...

I'll review each of your chapters, but just the ones you revised :D

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:15 am
View Likes
ForeverYoung299 says...

Title: Diary of a Leader of Surreptitious past.
Genre: Realistic, Politics.
Link: publishing_center.php?p=portfolio&f=476767
I want to publish it!!!
I think there's no need to provide resume cuz it's the first chapter and you will understand it. Only information I want to give you is it's set in a fictional place called Jwesteb.

137 Reviews

Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:18 am
stygianmoon17 says...

Hiiii @ForeverYoung299 <3333

I can't open your link as it send me back to my portfolio instead of yours :(
Maybe you can simply PM it to me, or make a writer feed pad

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:25 am
ForeverYoung299 says...

@stygianmoon17 that's strange. Okay, open this link. It's the link to the first chapter

Diary of a leader of surreptitious past(D.O.A.L.O.S.P) Part 1

Is it opening?

137 Reviews

Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:36 am
stygianmoon17 says...

yup :D

524 Reviews

Reviews: 524
Thu May 06, 2021 2:30 pm
felistia says...

Hi there.

I was wondering if you could review my novel series. I currently have 7 chapters and was looking for someone to read the series as I wrote it.

It's action\adventure\fantasy.

I don't want to spoil anything, but the main characters are dragons who live and die in a tribal culture. The story covers conflicts such as war, natural disasters, fights for the throne and much more.

I am hoping to publish the story in the future, but right now I just want to polish it. Any advice is much appreciated, but I'm looking mainly to work on plot and world building.

Here's the links to the parts I currently have.

Prologue: The Quest for Fire - Into the Mists - Prologue

1: The Quest for Fire - Into the Mists - Chapter 1

2: The Quest for Fire - Into the Mists - Chapter 2

3: The Quest for Fire - Into the Mists - Chapter 3

4: The Quest for Fire - Into the Mists - Chapter 4

5: The Quest for Fire - Into the Mists - Chapter 5

6: The Quest for Fire - Into the Mists - Chapter 6

Thank you in advance. :D

Best regards
Felistia

137 Reviews

Thu May 06, 2021 6:04 pm
View Likes
stygianmoon17 says...

Wow thanks a lot :D I was actually looking for things to review ^^
I'll look into them by tomorrow, in the meantime, is their anything in particular you'd want me to focus on ?
(like characters, plot development, foreshadowing, writing style..)

524 Reviews

Reviews: 524
Fri May 07, 2021 2:02 pm
felistia says...

@stygianmoon17
Thank you. I'm mostly looking at these points.

World building (I want it to feel like a living, breathing world with history. I don't want it to feel like the history of this world started with the first chapter.)

Plot (how everything ties together and plot holes)

Characters (I don't want it to feel like they are doing things because the script says they must. I want them to feel real and their actions natural.)

Hope this explains what I'm looking for. Thank you again.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Wed May 12, 2021 1:14 am
View Likes
Nymeria says...

Hey! If you're still looking for stuff to read, I have a novel that I'm actually planning to query soon (which is absolutely terrifying and will probably crush my soul). My manuscript has been through several drafts at this point but I always feel like I need more eyes on it. Especially the first chapter or so, since that's the part that goes in queries. (But if you want to keep reading after that I would love you forever). Here's the info if you're interested :)

Title: That it Should Come to This (A modern retelling of Hamlet)
Genre: YA contemporary/speculative elements

It's not on YWS. Let me know how you would like to receive it (it's in google doc form)

Blurb: Prince Benjamin is still shaken by the death of his father, the King of the United States, when his mom gets engaged to his disagreeable uncle and his father's ghost makes an appearance to reveal the truth about his death. Turns out, his uncle isn't just an asshole, but a murderer too. With his enthusiastic best friend Ophelia and Elijah, the boy he's falling in love with, by his side, Ben must decide what to do-- if anything-- about the murder of his father. Hamlet wavers in a destructive spiral of depression and indecision, Ophelia takes matters into her own hands, and Elijah attempts to preserve the sanity of all three of them. When the people he loves start getting hurt, Ben is caught between putting his life in the hands of his uncle and taking it himself.

PM me if you want to read it!
“You do know you could find yourselves charged with being a dominant species while under the influence of impulse-driven consumerism, don’t you?”
- Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:14 am
DreamyAlice says...

Hello, I am one of the res crew mods here on YWS. This is a message just to inform you that I will lock and archive this thread as it is not active anymore. We have to archive and lock the inactive threads to keep the forum organized so no worries, if you'd like to reopen it at any point in the future please contact a current resources moderator, we would be happy to reopen it for you ^-^

-ALICE
Imagination is a superpower. Use it well!

*gestures in butterfly meme*
— BluesClues