Atlas's Reviews

32 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 32
Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:21 am
View Likes
atlast says...

atlas's reviews

Hello! I'm Atlas, here to review your work!

What I Review

Poetry
Short Stories
Chapters*
Novels**

What I Don't Review

Graphic Content
R-Rated
Political

Disclaimers

1. I reserve the right to refuse any request, but I will PM you before doing so to try to work things out.
  2. *When reviewing chapters that are not a prologue or first chapter, I likely focus on syntax and grammar rather than plot-related critiques. I do accept up to three chapters at a time.
  3. **Novel reviews are more long-term, so they will take more time. Please be cognizant of this if you want me to review your entire novel.
  4. Please be patient. I am a high school senior preparing to go to college in August. I have a lot going on, so if I don't get to your review in a reasonable amount of time, feel free to PM me.

If you'd like to request a review, please use the following template:
Code: Select all
[b]Link to Piece:[/b][type here]
[b]Type:[/b][poetry, novel, chapter, etc]
[b]Genre:[/b][type here]
[b]Title:[/b][type here]
[b]Blurb:[/b][novels only]
[b]Other: [/b][is there anything you want me to focus on?, other requests]
atlast

previously AtlasWut

my pms are always open <3

524 Reviews

Reviews: 524
Thu May 06, 2021 2:33 pm
View Likes
felistia says...

Hi there.

I was wondering if you could review my novel series. I currently have 7 chapters and was looking for someone to read the series as I wrote it.

It's action\adventure\fantasy.

I don't want to spoil anything, but the main characters are dragons who live and die in a tribal culture. The story covers conflicts such as war, natural disasters, fights for the throne and much more.

I am hoping to publish the story in the future, but right now I just want to polish it. Any advice is much appreciated, but I'm looking mainly to work on plot and world building.

Here's the links to the parts I currently have. I know you only do three at any one time, but I thought I'd post the links anyway.

Prologue: The Quest for Fire - Into the Mists - Prologue

1: The Quest for Fire - Into the Mists - Chapter 1

2: The Quest for Fire - Into the Mists - Chapter 2

3: The Quest for Fire - Into the Mists - Chapter 3

4: The Quest for Fire - Into the Mists - Chapter 4

5: The Quest for Fire - Into the Mists - Chapter 5

6: The Quest for Fire - Into the Mists - Chapter 6

Thank you in advance. :D

Best regards
Felistia

32 Reviews

Supporter

Thu May 06, 2021 2:43 pm
View Likes
atlast says...

Hello! Thank you for requesting some reviews. I do want to make it clear, novel chapters are going to take a bit more time. Also, I did see that chapters one and two have two or three wonderful, reviews each and chapter three has two quality reviews as well, so while I will try my best not to be too repetitive, some similarities will probably show up.

Like you asked, I will look at the plot and worldbuilding side of things, as well as grammatical and syntax-related errors that may stick out to me. Just to clarify, when you say you wanted feedback on the plot, did you mean how cohesive the chapters are (how well things mesh together), or are you looking for plot holes, or something else entirely? Being as specific as you can really help me know what type of feedback you are looking for.

Since you did say you were looking for someone to review as you write, if you help me out with the above questions I had and give me some time to get started on the first few chapters afterwards, I think I'm going to be able to manage your request.

Thank you so much, again, for the request and I look forward to hearing from you!

~A
atlast

previously AtlasWut

524 Reviews

Reviews: 524
Fri May 07, 2021 2:06 pm
felistia says...

@AtlasWut

Thank you. I'm mostly looking at these points.

World building (I want it to feel like a living, breathing world with history. I don't want it to feel like the history of this world started with the first chapter.)

Plot (how everything ties together and plot holes)

Characters (I don't want it to feel like they are doing things because the script says they must. I want them to feel real and their actions natural.)

Hope this explains what I'm looking for. Thank you again.

32 Reviews

Supporter

Fri May 07, 2021 4:01 pm
View Likes
atlast says...

Hi, felista! I cannot give you a timeline on how long it will take me to get through the seven chapters you have posted, but if a significant time passes with no feedback, feel free to PM me.

Thanks for the clarifications!
atlast

previously AtlasWut

32 Reviews

Supporter

Fri May 21, 2021 1:36 pm
atlast says...

@felistia Here's the link to my review of Chapter One!

work/felistia/The-Quest-for-Fire--Into-the-Mists--Chapter-1-150891?c=717105#c717105
atlast

previously AtlasWut

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:11 am
DreamyAlice says...

Hello, I am one of the res crew mods here on YWS. This is a message just to inform you that I will lock and archive this thread as it is not active anymore. We have to archive and lock the inactive threads to keep the forum organized so no worries, if you'd like to reopen it at any point in the future please contact a current resources moderator, we would be happy to reopen it for you ^-^

-ALICE
Imagination is a superpower. Use it well!

Very well; I hear; I admit, but I have a voice too, and for good or evil mine is the speech that cannot be silenced.
— Joseph Conrad, Heart of Darkness