Young Writers Society

Yoshi's Review Requests

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:25 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

Hi! Welcome to Yoshi's Island!

Jump down right there and ask for a good 'ol fashioned review from yoshi! I'd prefer if your request is something from the green room.

My reviewing priority list:
Poetry
Novels/Novellas
Short Stories
Anything else!

I will be able to review within a few days. If I don't, no need hesitate to jump onto my wall and scream "REVIEWWWWWSSSSSS" or something like that. I won't be offended-- don't worry.

When requesting from me, you can request either an :!: old fashioned chronological review or a :!: structured review. Some people prefer the old one and some people prefer the organized one. Whichever you prefer, please tell me.

What to expect:

If you are asking for poetry reviews, I'll most likely point out anything grammatical (Punctuation, spelling, etc.) and technical (Line structure, rhyming, alliteration, etc.), which may be annoying. If you don't want that and just want the plot-wise (Theme, mood, etc.) review, then tell me.

If you are asking for novel/novella or short story reviews, I'd prefer if you ask for a chronological review, because it's easier to read in a novel format. For these reviews, there will be grammatical pointers (Punctuation, spelling, etc.), technical pointers (Redundancies, unnecessary additions, etc.), and plot-wise pointers (Character growth, Realistic dialogue, etc.). If you do not want the grammatical or technical pointers, just tell me.

So . . . why are you still here?

Why don't you request a review! Don't be shy!
Last edited by yosh on Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:42 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

I'm honored to be your first requestee!

I am requesting reviews for my novel... The last few chapters I've posted have gotten stuck in the Green Room for a while, and I'd love any and all reviews you'd like to give ^-^

I'm only formally requesting a review on this chapter: Before The Dragon - Chapter 10.1 but I'm not going complain if you're interested in the story and want to read on ;)

Context: Jerica is King's Assassin and also General of the Archers. Yesterday, she got shot with an arrow. She also made a mistake which resulted in her cousin Rek getting stabbed and she feels very guilty about it. She spent the night with him and this scene opens in the morning.

Derik is the War Lord and Rek's dad (so Jerica's uncle) and treats both of them really well. Levin is the King (and Rek and Jerica's uncle) and Lord Biryn is his head advisor and they both treat Jerica terribly.

I know that's a lot of characters and I'm sorry if it's confusing >.> Just thought it might help since I'm asking for feedback on a later chapter ^.^

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

129 Reviews

Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:16 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

Awesome! I may have actually reviewed one of your first chapters (Because the name "Jerica" sounds familiar o_O). I'll get to your reviews at least by tomorrow. Today I'm a little busy. (Plus, I'm going to be participating the January Reviewing contest that Tuck made-- it's starting tomorrow.)

Oh, and @ShadowVyper, do you want a Chronological review or a Structured review? I would usually go with Chronological for a novel/series, but it's your choice.

so i took another nap

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:25 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Ooh, that's possible! It's been so long since I originally started posting this I can't remember xD No worries, whenever you can get to it is great ^.^

I'm happy for whatever sort of review you want to give! Chronological sounds great if that's what you'd prefer since it's a novel, but I'm also fine with a structured review if that's easier. Either way is fine! I just appreciate feedback c:

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:29 am
View Likes
QuoolQuo says...

Hiya, after seeing your lovely review on another of my works, I was wondering if you'd be able to review two more short stories of mine?
I've been thinking of submitting them to a magazine so all honest criticisms would be welcome :)

Song of a Muse

Dionysus

I'll quickly note here that they're both standalone stories.

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:50 pm
View Likes
Zenith says...

Hi there!
It would be really great if you could leave a review on my short story Thought Patterns
Thank you for your time in advance :)
Let's just die young or live forever.

129 Reviews

Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:05 pm
yosh says...

@Zenith Sure!

so i took another nap

129 Reviews

Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:26 pm
yosh says...

@QuoolQuo I am so sorry!!! I didn't see your message and now it's gotten full reviews! I guess I missed it in my notifications. Do you still want me to review it?

so i took another nap

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:24 pm
View Likes
LilPWilly says...

Hey, Yoshi.
I chose you every time in Mario Kart 64. Remember me?
I would appreciate a review on a song I’m working on called What's Wrong, recently posted. And how about we follow each other as well?
If it weren’t for Cloud I wouldn’t have read so far into that SB. Keep it up and I’ll make you my main in Super Smash loll
Oh yeah and I don’t want technical edits, because it’s a song. Thanks!
God, girl, adventure

129 Reviews

Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:29 pm
yosh says...

@LilPWilly sure! Haha do you like the "Yoshi Falls" map on Mario Kart? Idk if it's on 64, but i know for a fact that yoshi never falls at yoshi falls.

I'll get your review in soon!

so i took another nap

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:37 pm
View Likes
LilPWilly says...

Haha yes I like it. In 64 a giant egg comes down and SMASHES all my opponents. And also porcupines.
God, girl, adventure

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:16 am
QuoolQuo says...

@Yoshikrab don’t worry about it, I’ve actually tried to take down both works because I submitted them to that magazine.
Anywho, I also forgot about my comment here so there’s no worries :)

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:17 am
ForeverYoung299 says...

Pls review Cortez Shivick( Chapter 1)

Waiting for the review

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:07 pm
HJYoung says...

Exodus
SF novel-to-be, plz help with dialogue
I stand above this all. For with every virgin kingdom, there is always an august king.

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701

There was nothing he enjoyed more than a good book. He'd wander into the study, take down some leather-bound volume, and eat it.
— Terence Brady (dog owner)