z

Young Writers Society

Bubbles Reviews for Internet Points

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:57 pm
deleted18 says...

Hello peoples,

I've been meaning to review a lot more here, but unfortunately I'm a big dum-dum when it comes to motivation and looking stuff up in general. So my smooth brain decided to write a forum post. Yay!

What I will review:

Anything! Yes, anything. I'm especially good with poetry, but I've read enough novels in my life to appreciate the narrated arts as well. Essays, articles and other forms of writing I can do, but to a lesser extent. Oh, scripts too, I was an actor in a former, high-school life so I know my way around the block.

What I'll need:

Simple, easy peasy, I want you to tell me what to focus on and what to review. If you don't include a link, I won't review it. This website is a little confusing to me as is, so there's that.

What I usually focus on:

Well, I'll break this down in specific categories

Novel chapters

I'll mainly look at writing style, sentence structure and how you tackle narration, description and dialogue. As for the content I'll look at pacing, character development, plot holes (usually this is for more chapters) and general writing quirks I spot.

Poems:

Oh boy, here I'll look at poetic discourse, message, thematic universes, semantic fields and elements of prosody and metric. I'll take great care of your little poems, rest assured.

For anything I will look at grammar, punctuation and anything that pertains to the form of the writing, not the content.

Also, I don't expect anything in return so don't worry about that. I just like reviewing stuff, and even if I write as well, I'm more focused on helping others.

Cheers,
Bubbles

4100 Reviews

Reviews: 4100
Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:18 pm
KateHardy says...

Hi!!

I loved you review on my other work. It was so thorough. Could you take a look at this chapter from one of my novels? There's only one part before this so it would help if you go read that but it's fine if you just look at this one.

Here's the link:

The Alpha Pack: The Dawn of the Dead, Chapter 1.2

To focus on....umm...nothing that specific honestly, I just want a general idea of whether the conversation flows okay, the setting makes sense and stuff like that. These characters aren't the main characters yet so if they are underdeveloped that's why.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:34 pm
View Likes
deleted18 says...

I finished my review on the first chapter (I can't do one without the other can I now), and I'll proceed with the next one in about 3-4 hours, so don't worry:)

Also, I'll just say it off the record, but if you introduce characters right away and they're not the main characters you might want to write prologues first rather than actual chapters. Just a tip :P

4100 Reviews

Reviews: 4100
Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:39 pm
KateHardy says...

Thanks for the review!!

I think I run into this issue...these side characters are needed for the plot...so I don't want to introduce them in a prologue because some people don't read prologues (I don't) and also because they would be too long for a prologue. I know I can condense them...maybe I should do that. Or just take a break from these two novels and focus on my other much simpler one....I'm definitely going to request a review for it too)

Anyway thanks again!!

Looking forward to your other review!!
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

289 Reviews

Reviews: 289
Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:20 pm
MissGangamash says...

Hey, deleted18!

I was wondering if you could check out my novel The Rage (Chapter 1)? It's a novel about vampires being discovered in 2020 (because what else can they throw at us now, right?) I'd like to know what you think of how the story is progressing / my characters and relationships etc, but I mostly need reviews from Chapter 4 onwards because they seem to have dropped off and I need to get them out of the Green Room.

Thanks!

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.
— Sir James Dewar, Scientist