z

Young Writers Society

Nyla's Review Emporium

Random avatar

Reviews: 328
Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:37 am
View Likes
deleted30 says...

I'm trying to get back into reviewing and looking for a place to start. That's where you come in. :wink:

I will review:
-Short stories
-Scripts
-Articles/essays
-Novel chapters

My reviewing style is very detailed and honest, and I don't shy away from giving constructive criticism. (You can look at my most recent reviews to see what I mean.) If you're okay with that, respond below with a link to your piece (or just the title of it) and I will get to work. ^_^

UPDATE: I'm taking a break from reviewing and not currently accepting requests.
Last edited by deleted30 on Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:42 am, edited 11 times in total.

235 Reviews

Reviews: 235
Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:39 pm
View Likes
4revgreen says...

Hey, if it's alright could you possibly review some chapters of my ongoing novel "The sticks" (Chapters 1 to 7 are available)
I haven't had much feedback and since it's a first draft I really need that constructive criticism!
Thank you so much :-)
“The sight of one's own heart is degrading; people are not meant to look inward--that's why they've been give bodies, to hide their souls.”

― Shirley Jackson, The Sundial

Random avatar

Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:43 pm
deleted30 says...

4revgreen wrote:Hey, if it's alright could you possibly review some chapters of my ongoing novel "The sticks" (Chapters 1 to 7 are available)
I haven't had much feedback and since it's a first draft I really need that constructive criticism!

You've got it! I'll start working on it shortly. :D

235 Reviews

Reviews: 235
Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:30 pm
4revgreen says...

Kassiani wrote:
4revgreen wrote:Hey, if it's alright could you possibly review some chapters of my ongoing novel "The sticks" (Chapters 1 to 7 are available)

You've got it! I'll start working on it shortly. :D

Thank you so much!
“The sight of one's own heart is degrading; people are not meant to look inward--that's why they've been give bodies, to hide their souls.”

― Shirley Jackson, The Sundial

Random avatar

Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:11 am
deleted30 says...

I'm re-opening this thread for a bit. If anyone's in the market for a lengthy, in-depth review, hit me up. :smt003

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:22 am
View Likes
IamI says...

Hi. I was wondering if you could review my short story Last Spring .

Just something I thought I’d mention, it’s kind of long, more the length of a short story you would find in a book (it was twelve pages in a google doc), just thought I’d tell you so you’re not suprised when you scroll down but it doesn’t reach the bottom.

Have a good day!

—IamI
-_-

Random avatar

Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:58 am
deleted30 says...

IamI wrote:Hi. I was wondering if you could review my short story Last Spring .

Just something I thought I’d mention, it’s kind of long, more the length of a short story you would find in a book (it was twelve pages in a google doc)

You got it! And no worries about the length, I don't mind (though I appreciate the heads-up). :D

UPDATE: Sorry, unfortunately I have to vanish from the site for a bit, due to some real-life complications. Don't worry though, @IamI: reviewing your piece is at the top of my to-do list once I return. :wink:

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:37 pm
IamI says...

@kassiani it's fine! Sorry I didn't see this earlier, it's out of the green room now and it has two good reviews already, so you can strike that off your to-do list if you want.

I'm really hoping this doesn't come of as passive-aggressive or something, just know that if it does that wasn't my intention.

Have a great day!
-_-

There are some things you can't share without ending up liking each other, and knocking out a twelve-foot mountain troll is one of them.
— J.K. Rowling