Young Writers Society

Home » Forums » Resources » Will Review For Food

A Hole in the Wall

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:42 pm
Liminality says...

Hello, YWSers! Decided to set this thread up to motivate my lazy self to review more poems, etc.

Things I can review (in order of confidence):
1. Poems
2. Short stories
3. Articles

Unfortunately, I don't have enough time on my hands to review multi-chaptered works for now, and I generally find it difficult to judge a chaptered piece from a single chapter. I may open that up at a later date, though.

Timeframe

I should be able to get to your work within 4-5 days normally. If I'm really busy that week, then it may take longer.

Reviews and Requesting

-If there's anything specific you would like me to comment on, feel free to mention it in your request. Otherwise, I generally go over themes, imagery, word choices and structure for poetry and themes (if any are significant), imagery, plot, characterisation and structure for stories. For articles, I could comment on the general style, as well as offer suggestions on persuasion and arguments.

-One work per request, please. I'm new to this, so I don't want to punch too high above my own weight.

-My reviews tend to be about 250-350 words (a little short for this website, I know) but it is (I think) more due to a lack of wordiness than of things to say.

Happily awaiting your requests
Liminality

"She doesn't even go here!"
— Damian Leigh