no longer active --- reviews by atlas

32 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 32
Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:53 pm
View Likes
atlast says...

Reviews by Atlas

Hello, there! Atlas here to review some of your works!

Guidelines:

What I Will Review:
  • Just about anything! Prose will typically take longer for me to review than poetry.
  • I will review select chapters of novels, not necessarily in sequential order or at the beginning of your piece, just don't throw too many at me at once (3 chapters, tops).

What I Won't Review:
  • I won't do chapter-by-chapter reviews unless I'm invested in your story, and have read it from the beginning. If you want chapter-by-chapter reviews, feel free to request for them, and I will review the first chapter or two of your story, then let you know if I want to continue.
  • I will not review pieces that already have 3 or so quality reviews already, as things tend to get a bit repetitive.

Age Ratings and Triggers:
I will read anything of any age rating, but I ask that if it contains explicit mentions of self-harm, suicidal thoughts or ideologies, sexual assault or rape, or abuse of any kind that you put a trigger warning in your review request. If you are unsure if your work needs a trigger warning, but one anyway, just to be safe. I'm not super worried about this, because if it's okay to put on YWS it's most likely in the clear either way.

Timing:
I will try my best to get reviews done as soon as possible. I will let you know that I've seen your request as soon as I do so, then will get to work on your review. Reviews are at a first-come-first-serve basis, so if I see your request, but don't get to it for a while, chances are I am working on someone else's request. I will post in this thread if there will be a delay in my reviewing for a specific reason (internet problems, illness, etc.) I also ask, if you do notice I have not contacted you regarding your review for a significant amount of time, that you please contact me so I can update you on the status of your review.

Disclaimer
In requesting a review, you acknowledge that I have the right to deny any request as I see fit. Requesting a review does not guarantee you will get one. If I deny to review a piece, I will either message you in this thread or PM you.

If you've made it this far down this page without falling asleep (congrats!), then feel free to submit a request:

Code: Select all
Title of Piece:
Link to Piece:
Type of Piece: (poem, novel, chapter, short story, etc.)
Genre of Piece: (narrative, young adult fiction, sci-fi., etc.)
How Many Reviews: (at time of your post in this thread)
Brief Description:
Other: (trigger warnings, chapter-by-chapter requests, etc.)

I look forward to reviewing your works!
Last edited by atlast on Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:11 pm, edited 15 times in total.
atlast

previously AtlasWut

my pms are always open <3

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:40 pm
View Likes
FruityBickel says...

Title of Piece: Too Much Blank Space, Not Enough Vomit - 4.1
Link to Piece: https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work/LordStar/Too-Much-Blank-Space-Not-Enough-Vomit--Ch-41-144380
Type of Piece: chapter
Genre of Piece: narrative/ya fiction
Brief Description: Vomit is about a seventeen year old trans drug addict named Rhys, who basically gets into a load of shit and has to claw his way out of rock bottom. This is the fourth chapter, part one.
Other: it is rated eighteen and up and this part doesn't have any triggers I can think of.

---------------------------------------

Title of Piece: Too Much Blank Space, Not Enough Vomit - 4.2
Link to Piece: https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work/LordStar/Too-Much-Blank-Space-Not-Enough-Vomit--Ch-42-144412
Type of Piece: chapter
Genre of Piece: narrative/ya fiction
Brief Description: same as above, second part of chapter four.
Other: eighteen and up, trigger warning for misgendering.

Thanks!

32 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:15 pm
atlast says...

@LordStar

I'll get right on it! I've been following Vomit for a while, and I've really enjoyed it thus far :)
atlast

previously AtlasWut

32 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:47 pm
atlast says...

@LordStar Chapter 4.1 of Vomit is finished! Getting started on 4.2 now.
atlast

previously AtlasWut

32 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:29 pm
atlast says...

@LordStar 4.2 of Vomit is done! Posting it now.
atlast

previously AtlasWut

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134

561 Reviews

Reviews: 561
Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:38 pm
View Likes
Atticus says...

Title of Piece: Some Days
Link to Piece: Some Days
Type of Piece: (poem, novel, chapter, short story, etc.) Poem
Genre of Piece: (narrative, young adult fiction, sci-fi., etc.) Teen/Angsty
Brief Description: A short poem about pain and heartbreak
Other: (trigger warnings, chapter-by-chapter requests, etc.) It's a little on the dark side but there's nothing that should be triggering.
[he/him]

"tiktok and giving children meth are my passions" ~ @ShadowVyper
"carinas long foretold chaos protege" ~ @veeren
"smol bean, future of chaos" ~ @carina

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:56 am
View Likes
Fishr says...

Title of Piece: British Love, Boston Affection
Link to Piece: British Love, Boston Affection (part II) (Rated R)
Type of Piece: Short story
Genre of Piece: Historical Fiction
How Many Reviews: Zero
Brief Description: Martha and Welcome Garrison having sex, and the birth of one of my main characters. Humorous but a bit graphic.
Other: There aren’t any triggers I am aware of.
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

Reviews: 0
Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:45 pm
View Likes
Corryn says...

Hi, I would really appreciate it if you could review my short story.
​I wanted my life back

32 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:45 am
atlast says...

@Fishr I apologize for how long it's taking me to review your work! I've had a lot going on offline recently, but I still intend on finishing a review.

@Corryn I cannot access your work through that link. Also, I ask that you follow the above template when requesting a review next time. Thanks!
atlast

previously AtlasWut

362 Reviews

Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:38 pm
Fishr says...

Hey, thanks! Since I requested this review, there has been huge changes so now it could be triggering because a character is raped so that said, you may cancel my request if it will bother you. Totally understand.
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

32 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:07 am
atlast says...

@Fishr Before I say anything else, I want to thoroughly apologize for not responding to your request any sooner. It's been a rough few months at home, and reviewing fell on the back burner. I tried to access your work through the link you provided me, but I noticed you made said work private. If you would like a review for that piece, or any other in your portfolio, feel free to drop a line! However, if you don't, that's cool, too. Again, I apologize for neglecting your request, that was totally on me. Best of luck with your writing! -Atlas
atlast

previously AtlasWut

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:53 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Title of Piece: The Dance
Link to Piece: The Dance
Type of Piece: Short story (for now, it's the first part of the first chapter of something I'm working on, but it works perfectly fine as a short story as well, which is by design. I don't know if I'm going to be posting more of the story at all, so for now it's just the one short story. Feel free to guess at what the rest of the project is about through if you get invested enough to make predictions)
Genre of Piece: YA
How Many Reviews: 1
Brief Description: It's a fairly romantically written scene taking place at a masked ball (I know what you're thinking, go ahead and keep thinking it, it's more fun for me that way). Most of it revolves around a dance between the prince and a girl named Megara. I can't really describe it further without giving away anything important or hinting at stuff that won't actually be in this piece.
Other: Nothing really to put here. There might be, though, if I ever do continue the story on here, though, in case that's important to you.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

362 Reviews

Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:09 am
View Likes
Fishr says...

AtlasW wrote:@Fishr Before I say anything else, I want to thoroughly apologize for not responding to your request any sooner. It's been a rough few months at home, and reviewing fell on the back burner. I tried to access your work through the link you provided me, but I noticed you made said work private. If you would like a review for that piece, or any other in your portfolio, feel free to drop a line! However, if you don't, that's cool, too. Again, I apologize for neglecting your request, that was totally on me. Best of luck with your writing! -Atlas

No problem! Totally understand. Glad everything is going better. The story was marked private because now it is undergoing editing. Haha. However, I recently revised this story, ‘Lancing,’ and would love feedback please. Thank you!

Lancing

362 Reviews

Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:20 am
Fishr says...

Guess it helps if I have a link. Haha.

It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not deserve them.
— Mark Twain