Bickel's Prep Room

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:21 am
View Likes
FruityBickel says...

Hi! Bickel here to review.

Guidelines:

I won't review fantasy, and pieces with more than two or three decent reviews already will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.

Otherwise, I'll review anything - essays, short stories, fanfiction, whatever, though my preferences are novels and poetry. These latter two are also what I'm most experienced in reviewing.

For novels, I will only do chapter-by-chapter reviews if I'm invested in your story. Give me a heads up in your request if this is what you're looking for, and I'll gladly review your first chapter and then let you know if I'm interested in reviewing the rest.

I'm also happy to do up to three isolated chapter reviews per request, and they don't have to be in sequential order (for instance, you could request reviews for chapter 3, 8 and 12 of the same story in the same request).

As well, I'll review any age rating. However, if your piece includes explicit descriptions of rape or sexual assault, drug use or self harm/suicide, a trigger warning is required in your request and I am allowed to decline any request by my own discretion regarding these topics.

Disclaimer:

Requesting a review does not guarantee you will get one.

I reserve the right to deny any request for any reason. If I decide to do so, I will either respond to your message in this thread or I will PM you letting you know so.

Still want a review on the rocks?

If you accept the guidelines above and still wish to submit a request, please follow this format:

Code: Select all
Work title:
Work link:
Type of work: [poetry, novel/chapter, essay, etc]
Work genre: [narrative, teen fiction, romance, etc]
Brief description:
Any notes you'd like me to know: [chapter by chapter request, multiple reviews already, any trigger warnings, etc].

As I am an adult with a full-time job, it might take me up to three (3) days to get to your request. I will let you know when you can expect to have it done by the same day of your request. After that three day time period, feel free to shoot me a PM to check in on the status of your review.

Thanks! One review, coming right up!
Last edited by FruityBickel on Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:12 am, edited 10 times in total.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:53 pm
Leviari says...

Work Title: you are my place
Work link: you are my place
Brief description: it's a free verse short poem about love, home and comfort.
Any notes you'd like me to know: English is not my first language

it's my first time posting my writing so any feedback is very well accepted!

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:50 pm
Toboldlygo says...

Hi!

Would you be willing to review my work? It's a fairy tale I wrote for my friend's baby.

Title: The Peri Queen (Part 1 of 2)
Link: The Peri Queen Part 1

Description: Rupella is crowned the Peri Queen in a secret coronation ceremony, but before it is made public, the throne is stolen by a usurper and she is banished.

It's a little long so I broke it up into two parts. Both parts are published in the same portfolio folder.

Thank you so much!

Toboldlygo
Oxford commas: distinguishing the intelligent.

134 Reviews

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Wed May 01, 2019 7:12 am
Leviari says...

Thank you!!

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Fri May 03, 2019 1:29 am
Toboldlygo says...

Thank you so much for the review! It was very helpful :)

Toboldlygo
Oxford commas: distinguishing the intelligent.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Wed May 22, 2019 9:44 pm
Featherstone says...

Work Title: Sanguine Beauty
Work link: Sanguine Beauty
Brief description: An discussing the dark side of beauty and how American enculturation impacts our view of it
Any notes you'd like me to know: Not in particular! :D
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

524 Reviews

Reviews: 524
Mon May 27, 2019 9:06 am
felistia says...

Hi LordStar

Could you review my Quest for Fire novel?

Work Title: The Quest for Fire

Work link: The Quest for Fire - Into the Mists - Chapter One

Brief description: It's a story with dragons as the main characters.

Spoiler! :
The story revolves around one tribe of dragons trying to find a way out of their homeland (a volcano has erupted laying waste to the land). The find a suitable home after three years of searching the whole continent of Megalonia. The island is filled with vegetation and animals and seems to be uninhabited by any native dragon tribes.

Any notes you'd like me to know: I've written seven chapters so far and I'm looking for someone to review each chapter in the novel and focus mainly on plot and character based criticism.

Thanks again.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:36 pm
Lib says...

Work title: Curse Of The Monster
Work link: Curse Of The Monster
Type of work: Short story
Work genre: Fantasy mostly
Brief description: Ash wants to go to a birthday party. Her mother scolds her for begging so much. Ash still ends up going. This monster thing follows her...
Any notes you'd like me to know: Nothing really. Just review it. Oh, it also as two other reviews. Very short ones.

I'll be waiting! (:
*insert quirky signature here*

134 Reviews

Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:52 pm
FruityBickel says...

Hi @Liberty.

I've went ahead and done your review, but please make sure to read my request guidelines next time.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:26 pm
Lib says...

Oh, I did. You said maximum 2-3 reviews. Right...?

453 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:27 pm
Lib says...

Oh no. Dang it. I am so so sorry. That was the first line. D: SORRY!!

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:33 am
Miraculor77 says...

Work title: Chapter 10: Knows
Work link: Chapter 10: Knows
Type of work: novel/chapter
Work genre: Realistic, teen fiction (I think? I forgot to set the genre when I was publishing)
Brief description: Kyre finds Ashe and they reach the store. They buy stuff. It's more mundane than I like. There's some built up tension at the end because at the beginning of the novel (chapter 1), Kyre stole all of Ashe's artwork from her laptop. Now she is suspicious of him.
Any notes you'd like me to know: [chapter by chapter request, multiple reviews already, any trigger warnings, etc]. There are two good reviews, but I went back and fixed some stuff and added a scene, so I'd like some feedback on that. Also, if you could do a chapter by chapter, it would be nice, but you don't have to. :)
I'd rather die than live without passion.
- Jungkook

I do reviews: Reviews by Mira

134 Reviews

Reviews: 0
Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:44 pm
Corryn says...

Hi, I would really appreciate it if I could get a review. It is a fictional short story.
​I wanted my life back

you ever say spidgit finner unironically?
— FireEyes