590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:11 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

The Crow's Nest

Brought to you by @Magebird!

Ahoy, mateys! It's been a very long time since I ran a thread like this, but your friendly neighborhood pirate is in desperate need of things to review. If you have any ideas for what I can review, send them to me here.

There's just a few rules.

For the most part, I won't review fanfiction unless I know the canon at least a little well. That doesn't mean I have to have seen the show - I just need to be familiar with some of the lore and/or characters. If I'm not, I'll let you know.

The same can be said for essays. I'll try my best to review them, but there's going to be sometimes were I just can't because I don't know the context. If that's the case, I'll let you know that as well.

I also won't review novel chapters that are past chapter one. I don't like picking stories up in the middle. But I'll happily read the first chapter, whatever form it may be.

Basically, I review poetry, short stories, (sometimes) essays, (most of the time) fanfiction, first novel chapters and anything else you write!

I'd really appreciate if you use the following template when requesting reviews - it helps me know what I'm getting into, and keeps the thread organized.

Code: Select all
[b]Work:[/b]
[b]Link:[/b]
[b]Brief Description:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]

My goal is to get reviews done as soon as you request one, but life can be a little on the chaotic side. I should get them done every weekend that follows your request, since I typically have more free time then.

Thanks for reading through all of this, and don't be afraid to request a review! <3

~v~

Edit: Someday I'll probably go back to what I originally was open to reviewing, but this thread is only for requesting poetry reviews now. If you want reviews on other kinds of works, I highly recommend checking out the other Will Review for Food threads!
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

760 Reviews

Reviews: 760
Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:40 am
View Likes
ExOmelas says...

Work: Typhoon (Chapter 1, Part 1)
Link: Typhoon - Chapter 1 (1)
Brief Description: I've been describing this as 1950s urban fantasy with a dragon, but it's actually more like 1940s. The first chapter is a series of flashbacks relating to a family scattered around during WWII, thinking about the day they met their dragon. From then on it's set in 1945/6 when Eric comes home from the war and he and his sister have to figure out how to live fulfilling adult lives while also taking care of their dragon.
Other: This is the one with only three chapters out so far.

Work: The Secret of Tayburn Zoo
Link: The Secret of Tayburn Zoo: 1
Brief Description: Tayburn Zoo is famed for the tricks and antics of its inhabitants, but there's something even more impressive up their sleeves. Unfortunately it's so secret telling you would be a spoiler for the first chapter so I'll put the synopsis beyond that point in a spoiler.
Spoiler! :
The animals can talk, and have a secret underground lair where they drive each other mad with Mario Kart tournaments. The zookeeper, Patrick, also has a lab down there where he tries to figure out what happened to the animals, who weren't always able to talk.

The story begins with Patrick being told they're going to have a new arrival, a panda, who cannot talk.

Other: This is the one with a whole bunch of chapters out. This project is actually finished, so there's also loads more that could come out; I'm just waiting for Shady's life to be less chaotic.

Hope something sounds appealing :)

What fools these mortals be!
William Shakespeare
A Midsummer Night's Dream

Who cares if one more light goes out?
Well I do.

Linkin Park
One More Light

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:29 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

The reviews have been completed!
mage

queer and here.

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:50 pm
View Likes
FruityBickel says...

Work:Too Much Blank Space, Not Enough Vomit - Ch. 1.1

Link: Too Much Blank Space, Not Enough Vomit - Ch. 1.1

Brief Description: Too Much Blank Space, Not Enough Vomit is a semi-autobiographical work whose story centers on Rhys Hartman, a sixteen year old transgender addict. It centers on the horrors of life, sobriety, mental illness, love, loss, and learning to exist within one's own headspace.

Other: I'd love for you to review the rest of the chapters too, and if you end up liking the story, let me know if you wanna be tagged when I upload! If you don't like it, that's also cool. It's not everyone's cup of tea. Thanks!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:03 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Thanks for the request, @LordStar! I'll probably review the first chapter this weekend. <3
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat May 04, 2019 5:00 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

The review has been completed!
mage

queer and here.

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Sat May 04, 2019 11:51 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

Work: time passed by
Link: time passed by
Brief Description: This little poem is about a vague romance between the speaker and the subject, based in a surreal meet cute situation. The content is not about anything in particular, bounces through many imagery positions, and just continues to be vague the entire time.
Other: The opening stanza is based on something someone said in your SB server.

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon May 06, 2019 10:17 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I'll try to review that this week, but expect to see a review by Sunday at the latest if I don't get a chance to before then, @LordWolf!
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Sat May 18, 2019 4:51 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Work: Sanguine Beauty
Link: Sanguine Beauty
Brief Description: An essay about American enculturation around the idea of "beauty" and what beauty is truly about.
Other: -
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun May 19, 2019 8:49 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@LordWolf, your work has been reviewed!
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun May 19, 2019 9:58 pm
Mageheart says...

@Featherstone, your work has also been reviewed!
mage

queer and here.

524 Reviews

Reviews: 524
Mon May 27, 2019 9:43 am
View Likes
felistia says...

Hi Magestorrow

Could you review my Quest for Fire novel?

Title: The Quest for Fire

Link: The Quest for Fire - Into the Mists - Chapter One

Description: It's a story with dragons as the main characters.

Spoiler! :
The story revolves around one tribe of dragons trying to find a way out of their homeland (a volcano has erupted laying waste to the land). The find a suitable home after three years of searching the whole continent of Megalonia. The island is filled with vegetation and animals and seems to be uninhabited by any native dragon tribes.

Notes: I've written seven chapters so far and I'm looking for someone to review each chapter in the novel and focus mainly on plot and character based criticism.

Thanks again.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:15 am
View Likes
Elinor says...

Work: Little Turtledove
Link: Little Turtledove (1)
Brief Description: This is a companion piece to Eagle Rock, but it takes place after the events of the short and from the perspective of a character we don't see, so I want it to be able to stand on its own.
Other: There are 3 parts to this, and I'd love for you to review parts 2 and 3 when you're done, but let me know. Can't wait to hear what you think. :)

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:53 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

This is a little late, but your work has been reviewed, @felistia!

@Elinor, I'll try my best to get that review done tomorrow! :) If I'm not able to, it might take me a week or two to get it for you.
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:54 pm
Mageheart says...

Your work has been reviewed, @Elinor!
mage

queer and here.

Just think happy thoughts and you'll fly.
— Peter Pan