Home » Forums » Resources » Will Review For Food

The Crow's Nest

509 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 509
Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:24 am
View Likes
Jaybird says...

Due to the busy week I have coming up, I'm temporarily shutting down this thread. I should have it up again later this summer, but I won't have the time to review for a bit and I want to stay on top of any review requests I get.
Magestorrow → Jaybird

509 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:38 pm
View Likes
Jaybird says...

With certain...events coming up in the near future, I'm tentatively reopening this thread! Though there's a lengthy list of what you can send in on the first page, I want to focus mainly on poetry right now. Feel free to send me all of your review requests!
Magestorrow → Jaybird

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:59 am
View Likes
wetumbrella6 says...

Hi.

I would be glad if you can review the first chapter of my novel named "Jaime".

It is 9k words long.

Here's the link to it:

Jaime (working title) chapter 1

thanks so much for considering

509 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:32 am
View Likes
Jaybird says...

Hi!

Right now I'm really only taking requests to review works of poetry, but thank you for the request. I would suggest requesting reviews from other threads if you haven't already - most threads have a post on their first page that explain what they're looking to review.

Also, because YWS is online instead of something physical, it's usually helpful to break up works of that length into something smaller when posting - like breaking a chapter into three chunks of 3,000 words when it's 9,000 words long. It depends on what's going on in the chapter, but shorter, easier-to-digest chapters make it more likely that someone will review your work.

(In the past, I've labeled my chapters as Chapter 1.1, Chapter 1.2, and Chapter 1.3 when breaking them up into sections, but everyone has their own style for doing it.)
Magestorrow → Jaybird

You can, you should, and if you’re brave enough to start, you will.
— Stephen King