z

Young Writers Society

Green's reviews :-)

235 Reviews

Reviews: 235
Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:52 pm
4revgreen says...

Hey, I'm Che and I'm a big horror fan. I'll read anything horror or thriller based - from murderers to supernatural to crime to whatever. However, I will also review pretty much any other genre, I like to read widely to keep my brain working.

I'm not squeamish or offended by anything so it can be any rating, honestly!

I prefer the grammar side of reviewing, and will go through your piece with a fine toothed comb looking for anywhere I think could be reworded or improved. I will try give my overall summary of the story but it will mostly be the grammar side.

Drop your work in the comments and I'll start from the top and work my way down. If you have any questions, please ask or message me.

It may take me a while to get to you, but I promise I will try !
Last edited by 4revgreen on Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“The sight of one's own heart is degrading; people are not meant to look inward--that's why they've been give bodies, to hide their souls.”

― Shirley Jackson, The Sundial

Reviews: 3
Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:24 am
Mess says...

Hi Forever green! I was thinking of posting a short horror story after I get some reviews done. It has 598 words(9 pages), so I hope that's short enough for you. It's also my first horror/mistery so harshness is not only welcome but expected.

235 Reviews

Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:11 pm
4revgreen says...

@Mess sorry it took me a few days to see this, but yes I would absolutely love to review your story. It may take me a while as I have restricted access to my laptop at the moment but let me know when it's been posted :-)
“The sight of one's own heart is degrading; people are not meant to look inward--that's why they've been give bodies, to hide their souls.”

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:40 am
MeherazulAzim16 says...

Scarecrow: Origins

It's a spin-off short story from an on-going series (A Scandal in Gotham). You don't have to be caught up on it. But here's a bit of description anyway that might help you settle in:

The main story is set in 1895. Bit of a crossover between Batman and Sherlock Holmes — it's still a Batman story and Holmes hasn't made a real appearance yet. In ASiG#3, Batman went to Arkham Asylum to have chat with Jonathan "The Scarecrow" Crane — a MUCH older version of the character. The short story is a culmination of excerpts from a notebook that was lying around somewhere in Crane's room.
"We Are Groot."
— Groot

235 Reviews

Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:56 pm
4revgreen says...

@MeherazulAzim16 that definitely sounds like something I'd love to read. I will check it out and review as soon as ican!

Reviews: 2
Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:19 am
View Likes
rudrAbhinav says...

"Do you believe in ghosts?" I used to ask Maa when I was young. There's someone underneath my bed. Every night, after the lights go off, I can feel his cold stare freezing me, giving me goosebumps. My parents think it's all in my head but it's not true. They tell me it's because I miss my twin brother, Rudra. How can I miss myself? I am Rudra. How do I tell them it was Raj whom they had sent to the rehabilitation center because they had found my marijuana in his drawer? It wasn't my fault the car he was traveling in met with an accident!

I muster the courage to tell them all of this but they just smile at me and say, "It's all in your head!" The car accident has completely changed them. I talk to them for hours as nobody here talks to me. I wonder if it would all have been any different if my parents were less sentimental and wouldn't have insisted on driving me to the rehabilitation center themselves that ill-fated night!

I feel sorry for my deeds but I can't undo them. I ask for forgiveness every night and Raj just smiles. So do my parents. But it isn't a warm smile. It creeps me out. They don't blink at all when I talk to them. "Do you believe in ghosts?" I asked them. "It's all in your head", my family said in unison, smiling. I could not blink. Or Breathe. Any more.

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:04 pm
View Likes
Necromancer14 says...

Can you please review the latest chapter of my novel? You can read and review the other ones too if you want, but here's the latest chapter: The Cosmic Dragon: Chapter 8
Dumbledore: "Now, it's great that you've been saving the school and all Harry, but unfortunately your grades have been a tad low, and, well... perhaps Gandalf could explain it better... hit it, Gandalf!

Gandalf: "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

235 Reviews

Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:11 pm
4revgreen says...

@Necromancer14 I'll get to it as soon as I can :-) I'll read the other parts first

114 Reviews

Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:13 pm
Necromancer14 says...

Thanks! 😁
Dumbledore: "Now, it's great that you've been saving the school and all Harry, but unfortunately your grades have been a tad low, and, well... perhaps Gandalf could explain it better... hit it, Gandalf!

114 Reviews

Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:33 pm
Necromancer14 says...

Hello 4revgreen. Could you please review my new short story?
The Sock That Picked Favorites

Education is education. We should learn everything and then choose which path to follow. Education is neither Eastern or Western; it is human.
— Malala