z

Young Writers Society

Lana the Review Robot

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:38 am
LanaOverland says...

Hey-o,

My name's Lana and I'll be your reviewer today, how can I help you? *holds up notecards* "The first post of your thread should cover..."

Oh, right! I'm mainly write Childrens-YA fantasy, but I have some background in mystery. I'll review most genres, but these are the one's I'm most familiar with.

I'll review:
- Chapters (though I will only read the specific chapter and not the whole book)
- Poems
- Short Stories

I absolutely won't review:
- Graphic/explicit sex scenes
- Fanfiction (not well versed enough in my fandoms)
- Anything with sexual assault

My main focuses in reviewing are feeling oriented (i.e. how specific things in the scene made me feel and then analyzing why I felt that way). I'm very language oriented and look for tone, voice, etc., and I love to look at logic and character dynamics. I'm not very grammar oriented, and I won't review for grammar.

I'm heavy on criticism and advice, which I know can be intimidating. Literally I could write paragraphs on one line, so if you're nervous about getting a review I might not be the best reviewer for you.

A review may take hours for me to write, so a request may take me up to three days to complete.

Please send me a link to your piece and what you want me to especially look at (such as plot details, characterization, etc.).

So, uh...yeah, :pirate2:
-Lana
Pronouns: she/hers

461 Reviews

Reviews: 461
Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:44 am
View Likes
Horisun says...

Could you reveiw a short story I posted? It's called The Dragons Tear.
She/Her

35 Reviews

Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:05 pm
LanaOverland says...

Hi, thanks for requesting from me! I just read your piece, I thought it was pretty good. More information in my review.
-Lana

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:27 pm
View Likes
lukekazey says...

Hi! I’d love a review on any of my recent poems, looking specifically at tone and language usage if that’s okay. While it would be great if you reviewed them all, please don’t feel any obligation to! Thanks, Luke

Cremation

White

Shhh...

35 Reviews

Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:55 am
LanaOverland says...

@lukekazey , Hi! I have received your request and I have taken a look at your poem "Cremation." I made a review for that one (it's commented and not reviewed so it won't count against your Green Room status), and I promise to get to your other poems soon, but I unfortunately have to study for my exams first so I'll get to them in the next two days. Let me know if you have any questions about my "Cremation" review. I can ramble a bit, and I'm sure I misunderstood the purpose of the poem so that might affect some of my advice/critiques. Otherwise, have a nice night, thank you for requesting a review from me.
-Lana

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:22 am
View Likes
Rascalover says...

Do you have time to review part three of my story? You don't have to read parts one and two to understand it I don't think, but if you're interested you could review those as well. I would be oh so grateful!

The Unfinished Diary of TBJ (Part 3)
There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and open a vein~ Red Smith

Who needs a review? :) http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic38078.html

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:42 pm
View Likes
Aranya says...

Hi Lana!!

Could you pls review this slam poem on Gay Love ?? :)
Honey and Sunshine

Shall always be ready to help you in any form!!

Thank you so much!!

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:04 pm
View Likes
Starve says...

Hey Lana!

I'd really like your feedback on this short story of mine based on a prompt which is provided at the end. A few people have given me cool reviews on the first draft but I'd love your feedback on this second draft — No more tears

I'd appreciate it if you could also include how relevant the story felt to the prompt in the review, I feel it would be up your alley as the prompt tells to focus on emotions, in a way.

Thanks a lot!

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:19 pm
View Likes
Starve says...

Hi LanaOverland!

Thanks for the great review on the above work, because of it I wrote another draft which was so drastically changed that I published it separately instead of editing the original post.
No more tears (Draft 3.0)
I'd again like your criticism on it, and my questions remain the same.
If you need something reviewed I'm more than willing.

Thanks!

The last of the human freedoms is to choose one's attitudes.
— Viktor Frankl