Young Writers Society

Rain's Reviews

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:18 am
View Likes
EternalRain says...

Rain's Reviews

Hello! Welcome. I'm trying to get to my next review star (a blue one!!), as well as get into the habit of reviewing more. Help me out :D Please read below before requesting a review!

What My Reviews Are Like

I usually don't focus too much on grammar (unless it's a big issue, and then I'll just point it out) and instead focus more on plot, characters, dialogue, writing style, pacing, and all that good stuff. I will say what I liked and what I thought you did well, but I will also point out what I think needs improvement. If there's anything in particular you want me to review on, let me know.

Lengthwise, it varies.

What I Will Review

Novels. I will review prologues, first chapters, middle chapters, and last chapters! If I'm reviewing a chapter in a novel where I haven't read the previous chapter, I will focus on things pertaining to solely that chapter (usually little plot holes, dialogue, etc etc).

Short Stories. Yes! I love short stories.

Screenplays, Essays, Other . I haven't had much experience with these but I'd love to!

I'll review all genres. :)

What I Won't Review

Poetry. Sorry! I have a deep appreciation for poetry and I love reading it, but in most cases I really don't know how to help! There are a lot of other people that accept poetry reviews, though, so I would recommend checking those out. Prose is more my thing. :)

Nothing too gory please!

Requesting a Review

To request a review, please put a link below! If it's a novel chapter that's midway through the book, a basic summary of what's happened (only a few sentences or so) would be nice, but it's not necessary. Please only request one review at a time just so I don't get overpowered with reviews.

I don't require any payment for a review!

Finally, I reserve the right to refuse a request! Most likely won't do this, but just in case I'm not comfortable doing a review I'll simply tell you so.
Last edited by EternalRain on Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
“Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.”

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:55 pm
View Likes
Starve says...

Hi EternalRain !

I saw that you like short stories and I'd really appreciate it if you could review my short story — The Absurdity of hope
its final draft will possibly be an entry for a contest, and I'd be glad if you could comment on if the premise is relevant to the prompt (which is included at the end.) otherwise I'll write another one.

Thanks a lot!

456 Reviews

Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:58 am
View Likes
EternalRain says...

@Traves Done! Thank you for requesting!:)
“Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.”

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:54 pm
View Likes
Aranya says...

Hi Rain!!

Could you pls review this slam poem on Gay Love ?? :)
Honey and Sunshine

Shall always be ready to help you in any form!!

Thank you so much!!

456 Reviews

Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:23 am
View Likes
EternalRain says...

@Aranya sure! just note that poetry isn’t my strongest reviewing form - hope that’s ok. It should be reviewed soon!

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:20 pm
View Likes
Starve says...

Hi EternalRain !
Thanks for the great review on the above work, because of which I wrote another draft which was so drastically changed that I published it separately instead of editing the original post.

No more tears (Draft 3.0)

I'd again like your criticism on it, and my questions remain the same.
If you need something reviewed I'm more than willing.

Thanks again!

456 Reviews

Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:06 am
EternalRain says...

@Traves Done! :)

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:40 pm
View Likes
mavisknightley says...

Hey Rain,

I'd love a review for this narrative essay. :)

waffle house

Thanks for your time!

-mav

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:41 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Hey Rain! Still accepting requests?

If so, I'd love a review on this Before the Dragon - Chapter 22 (LMS IV)

A basic summary of the plot up to this point...

Jerica is a 16 year old assassin and niece to the King of Atra. In a war with the neighboring country, Niap, she bites off more than she can chew battle wise and gets herself captured. The king of Niap sentences her to go before the dragon that lives on a mountain in their country for judgment.

When she gets to the mountain she is met with Aerik, the dragon keeper, who has been consistently foiling her attempts to escape. She also has a bit of a squabble with the dragon himself, Kaidren. This chapter starts immediately after a failed attempt at escape the evening before (and has seen her on the mountain for a while, thus the reflection).

If you end up liking it I would also love reviews on the next few chapters that I currently have in the Green Room (right now through chapter 25) but 100% no pressure on that and I would really appreciate just a review on this chapter alone as well!

Thank you!

Shady

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

456 Reviews

Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:44 am
View Likes
EternalRain says...

@mavisknightley Done!

@ShadowVyper Going to get to yours later tonight!

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:09 am
View Likes
MeherazulAzim16 says...

Hiya, could you give this (A Scandal in Gotham) a read and maybe add a review :?: :D
"We Are Groot."
— Groot

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:34 am
View Likes
MeherazulAzim16 says...

Hiya! I wrote another chapter/issue (#2) to A Scandal in Gotham. I'd love a review. I wanna know if I've improved on anything or if I've actually done worse or if I'm still in the same place.
"We Are Groot."
— Groot

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:21 pm
View Likes
CassieList says...

Greetings EternalRain! You can refer to me as LP, id like you to review Entry one/?: Little Miss Horror Show for me so i can improve. Thanks
lp was here :)

she/they

"Most opportunities are created by luck. It takes skill to grasp those opportunities and turn it into success." -Technoblade

151 Reviews

Reviews: 151
Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:07 pm
View Likes
writerkitty says...

^-^ Greetings!

I was wondering if you'd be able to review the prologue of my novel, Reina of Ruulan: Prologue

Thank you! Hope you have a wonderful day/night! :D

Just keep writing, writing, WRITING! :D

456 Reviews

Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:18 pm
View Likes
EternalRain says...

@writerkitty Sure! I’ll get to it after school!

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read.
— Groucho Marx