z

Young Writers Society

The Hatt Stand: Poor Grammar? Pour it Out!

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Thu May 24, 2018 7:15 am
View Likes
Hattable says...

So I figured this would be a good way to keep things I need to review organized, and it might be more comfortable for some peeps to ask me for reviews via this type of thread rather than seeking me out directly (through PM, wall post, Discord, etc.)

If you've received a review from me, you'll know that I tend to focus on grammatical things. I try to touch on general content stuff as well, like characters, plot/plot progression, flow, pacing, etc. but those comments aren't usually as "in-depth" as my grammar notes and suggestions. So keep that in mind? haha

*DISCLAIMER: My grammar is far from impeccable. Disclaimer over.*

I also reserve the right to refuse review requests on works with more than four (4) reviews.

If the above still has you interested, check out my yes-and-noes below!

I will absolutely review:
- short stories (on their own or in multiple parts)
- flash fiction

I might review:
- poetry
- romance, if you're a writer I trust to not make it awkward
- novel chapters (early ones for grammar and content, later ones for grammar only)*
- fan fiction
- "realistic" fiction
- gore?
- horror

I absolutely won't review:
- scripts
- essays or other non-fictional works
- ANYTHING NASTY >:[

Genres I prefer include sci-fi, fantasy, urban fantasy, really anything within that realm, I suppose. I can give steampunk a whirl. Cyberpunk? Any punk! Want me to review your mystery? I can try that.

Just please don't ask me to review realistic fiction because I do not know what's realistic aside from dialogue and character reactions.

I also prefer shorter works? So 4k and below is spot-on for me, since I'm a slow reader and having to read a lot and also give feedback on it all is kind of stressful. If you have a longer work, I can try to review it? But I can't really make any promises.

It may take me a while to get to your work(s), but I fully intend to complete any missions I accept! And that's about it, I think. I await your requests!!

*Some clarification on my willingness to review chapters: This is not a request for novels to follow. I won't pick up and follow any novels here. I can review individual chapters here and there, if you'd like grammar help, but ya-- I don't have the time to devote to tracking any more novels than the one I currently am following.
Last edited by Hattable on Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:03 am, edited 7 times in total.
"I remember I posted Klingon and it made the mods super hard" -Willard

Prok once said something about Nate and apple pie. I forget the context.

415 Reviews

Reviews: 415
Thu May 24, 2018 2:10 pm
keystrings says...

Hey, Hatt! I’d love if you could look over A Rare Normal, even if I only have two chapters XD

A Rare Normal Chapter One has three reviews, so I’m really only linking it to you could catch up if you wanted, and I have one review on A Rare Normal Chapter Two so I would appreciate feedback of any kind!

Um, it’s fantasy of some kind - I haven’t really thought of specific genres yet, but whatever.
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

275 Reviews

Reviews: 275
Thu May 24, 2018 2:41 pm
elysian says...

The Risen - chapter one

hehe
elysian: (adj.) beautiful or creative; divinely inspired; peaceful and perfect.

formally lylas.

415 Reviews

Reviews: 415
Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:49 am
keystrings says...

Well here goes nothing Hatt. Whenever you get to this is fine, so yeah, thanks in advance. The non-caps is hopefully for character development, but I think that'll develop throughout the novel XD.

capitalization not required 1.1
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

You're given the form, but you have to write the sonnet yourself. What you say is completely up to you.
— Madeleine L'Engle, A Wrinkle in Time