z

Young Writers Society

Beta-readers wanted

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:10 pm
Pentavalence says...

Hello!

I’m looking for beta readers for my novel, To Bet Your Life. It’s a YA fantasy novel centered around a world where you can literally bet your life. (Hence the title.)

Here’s a quick summary–

Evin is orphaned. Sorren wishes he was. Pyrra is running away. Lye is stuck in one place. And yet somehow, they all end up at the Scarlet Helix House of Games. Each of them bet their lives in a game, but they didn’t count on the rules being changed. Now they’re trapped in an enormous underground arena, forced to face their fears— literally— while a vengeful audience watches. But is something more sinister going on? How did people with such different pasts find themselves tangled up in each other’s future?

Someone has been watching them from afar. Someone knows the thing that will destroy each of them. Someone has plans for them. Can Evin, Sorren, Pyrra and Lye figure out who and why before they reach checkmate?

Sound interesting? More information in the link.

https://ava-burton-writing.tumblr.com/post/166578642932/calling-all-beta-readers
________________________________________________________________________________
Formerly penandswords

"Not being heard is no reason for silence" -Victor Hugo

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:12 am
TheBlueCat says...

Hullo Pentavalence! I happened to stumble across this thread but I'm afraid this is not the correct place to ask this. This is the place to ask for other people's works to review. I would try heading over to the Writer's corner, but I see you have already posted there, so I hope you can get the help you need! Hopefully this helps!
Unofficial Blue Cat of YWS =^-^=
she/her please <3

45 Reviews

Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:47 pm
Pentavalence says...

I'm sorry! Should I take it down?
________________________________________________________________________________
Formerly penandswords

102 Reviews

Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:56 pm
TheBlueCat says...

It's okay! I'm still learning here too. :) I think it would help the mods keep the WRFF thread tidy and to the point if you take it down, so I would recommend doing that.
she/her please <3

45 Reviews

Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:28 am
Pentavalence says...

ok! I hate to ask but how do you delete a thread?
Formerly penandswords

102 Reviews

Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:22 pm
TheBlueCat says...

Hey, it's all good! :) I was actually thinking about this, and I'm not sure there is a way; I'm pretty sure a mod has to do it. If you PM one, they will probably be able to do that for you.
she/her please <3

Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results.
— Willie Nelson