Young Writers Society

All Aboard outvaders' Review Train!

91 Reviews

Reviews: 91
Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:08 am
View Likes
Kazumi says...

Welcome to outvaders' Review Train!!

Here in WRFF, there are hundreds of threads that accepts reviews. For you, that would mean hundreds of people that you can get reviews from. There are so many choices, but from whom should you get a review from?

Perhaps I can help you out in that aspect.

Why you SHOULD have me review you
1. Wide bank of knowledge of stories in general - Due to having watched several media reviews in the past few months, I've learned several things about what makes effective stories, like character investment and narrative stakes.

With this, I can help you through reviews that focus more on the story (plot, character, setting, etc.) of your works, rather than its storytelling (grammar and such).

2. Fairly wide knowledge of genre - I also know a good number of things about some of the most popular genres today, such as the appeal of thriller/suspense/horror.

With this, I can tell you if your work works (ahem) as part of the genre it is under.

3. Well-versed in the English language - Well, there are many other people here are very good at English. Though I don't do it a lot, I can be of help if you just want someone to critique your grammar nicely. I can also sniff out more complex things in writing, like lack of variety in sentence structure.

4. Willing to review R-18 works - A fair amount of people in WRFF are not fond of reviewing works with mature elements like violence and sexual content. However, I'm not the kind of person to back out of that. If you've got some pretty edgy works that need reviewing, I'm willing to review them for you.

5. Specializes in horror, flash fiction, and short stories in general - These are the genres that I'm most familiar of. If your story falls under one of these categories, then you can expect some very insightful reviews from me!

Some reviews of mine:

Why you SHOULDN'T have me review you

1. Unacquainted with poetry - I actually can review poetry, but I'm not very well-versed in it. There are better and more willing poetry reviewers out there.

2. Limited reading in young adult fiction - I don't think I've read as much YA series as everyone else in this site has. I can still count the number of YA novels I read with my fingers; maybe about eight or so. That means I'm not too learned about that genre.

3. Slow reviewer - But that's because I put so much time and effort into making quality reviews :smt002

What I will review:
Spoiler! :
-any form of prose
-any genre

Yeah, I'm a very open person.

What I will NOT review:
I'll only review them under certain conditions. You can also get me to review them if you ask nicely very very very nicely with sugar on top.
Spoiler! :
-poetry
-fan fiction

Some stuff to take note of before you request:
1. I don't require anything in exchange for my review. yay
2. When you request, tell me how you want me to review your work, and other things you want me to know about it.
3. I'll only take three requests at a time. After all of those are done, only then will I take another three requests

Review Queue

Completed Reviews
Spoiler! :
1. The Other Side by LilyRose
2. Airborne - Extract #2 by Asith

If there's one thing that you can expect from me, it's that I'll work hard to make quality reviews for you!
Last edited by Kazumi on Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:07 am, edited 4 times in total.

Reviews: 3
Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:05 am
LilyRose says...

Hi I would really like reviews for my realistic short story The Other Side I am writing it for a short story competition of which the deadline is tomorrow so if it can be done asap that would be really helpful thanks xx
Last edited by LilyRose on Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

91 Reviews

Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:19 am
Kazumi says...

@LilyRose Hey, thanks for that request. Judging from your description, your story is supposed to be flash fiction or something, since your word limit is 1000 words. I'll review that today for you.

However, I'll just need a short break since I'm having a migraine right now. You can expect your review today, though.
top kek

Reviews: 3
Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:04 am
LilyRose says...

@outvaders if you're not up for reviewing it that's absolutely fine but thanks, btw I've changed the name to 'The Other Side'.

91 Reviews

Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:50 pm
Kazumi says...

@LilyRose Don't worry, I'm still up for it. The review's on the review queue now!
top kek

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:52 am
Asith says...

Since you seem so open, I'd be thankful if you review Airborne - #2.
It's a small extract of my fantasy story (only about 1000 words).
Unfortunately, it is a part 2. I don't think you'll necessarily have to read part 1 though, I really just want a review on dialogue between characters, and characters overall.

"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry, and been widely regarded as a bad move."

91 Reviews

Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:19 am
Kazumi says...

@LilyRose The review you requested is finished. I hope you enjoy it.

@Asith So, you want my review to focus specifically on character and dialogue, right? That's no problem to me, I'll put this request up on the queue. You can expect it within this day. I have a lot of free time right now, after all.
top kek

*surprised scream* Aaaaah, NaNo!
— spottedpebble