z

Young Writers Society

The Hummingbird wants to read your work!

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:30 pm
Nobunaga says...

Hi! You can review anything of mine. I only have three works posted. I followed your signature here :3
"Be the butthole" - Lareine, 2018

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue May 07, 2019 6:17 am
seekingthetruth says...

[quote="PrincessInk"]Hello there! If you’ve wandered over to this thread, chances are likely that you’ve come to ask for a review! :)

Now that the introductions are over, I’d like to let you know that right now, at least, I will not accept any works rated 16+ or 18+ or anything related to horror. I can also reject to review a work on whatever reason I have, silly or not. I don’t need anything in return for reviewing, though.

Works I can review:
-Novel chapters/excerpts
-Short stories/excerpts
-Poetry
-Lyrics
-Articles/Essays
-Scripts
-Other/Miscellaneous
-Fanfiction

I’m best at reviewing novels and short stories, but I’ll still be able to offer my critiques and advice as best as I can for the other categories. I don't have much experience with humor or fanfiction, but I'll still give it a shot.

For Novels/Short Stories with parts: I can follow these stories and also review any later parts--whether it's chapter 32 of a novel or part 5 of a longer short story. If I’m busy/am following others novels, I may be unable to take your request.

Manuscripts (basically anything over 5k words): You can request me to read works/excerpts over 5k words long, but I don’t think I can accept often. But you can always request, in case I'm able to.

Feel free to ask any questions you have about my review and I’ll try to answer! I’m happy to discuss your work either via PM or via the comment boxes below reviews. And also, if you have any questions about my WRFF thread, feel free to ask here :)

Here is a format for when you’re requesting (please remove the parenthetical parts):

Code: Select all
[b]Link to work:[/b]
[b]Description:[/b] (skip this for poetry)
[b]Author’s Note:[/b](any questions or anything important you have to say about your work)
[b]Other:[/b]

please review my climate change speech and my London plague short story/chapter

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Thu May 09, 2019 2:34 pm
RandomVanGloboii says...

Here is my request for my novel's seconc chapter
Link to work: Lohikarmen: A tale of humans and dragons (Chapter 2: Conversation with the dragon slayer)
Description: A low-fantasy novel set in the land of Gyr'end. In this chapter, an old dragon has a chat with a dragon slayer he has just fought off.
Hope it's going to be fine! See you

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:42 am
ToxicAnglerFish says...

[b]Link to work: Red Rose- A Short Story I wrote a few months back and decided to go back to polish it a bit (Final Edit!)

[b]Description: When Rebecca goes to the quiet town of Mosswood with her girlfriend Lilly, she meets a young mysterious woman named Rosina. Rosina soon tells her the tragic legend of the RedRose

[b]Author’s Note: I'm submitting this to a local writing contest soon!

[b]Other: Nothing much
FruityLooney

Reviews: 0
Fri May 01, 2020 8:58 pm
The Plash Writes says...

Where's me ?

Be you Be yourself
Everybody chants
But when am real me
They are no more thee

Am I the one what mirror shows
Or one in my thoughts
Am called by very names
Still the real me is lost

Dancing and singing
Under the shower
But a deaf when surrounded
Crying alone in lonely lights
But if one asks
Right am alright, I chatted

A ballad of facade strength
From a cowardice
Just to pretend am all fine
So my loved one stay in peace

Who am I
Where's me
Am I in the mirrors
Or in my thoughts
I don't know myself
The real me is lost.

And then, as if written by the hand of a bad novelist, an incredible thing happened.
— Bartimaeus of Uruk