z

Young Writers Society

The Hummingbird wants to read your work!

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:45 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

Hello there! If you’ve wandered over to this thread, chances are likely that you’ve come to ask for a review! :)

Now that the introductions are over, I’d like to let you know that right now, at least, I will not accept any works rated 16+ or 18+ or anything related to horror. I can also reject to review a work on whatever reason I have, silly or not. I don’t need anything in return for reviewing, though.

Works I can review:
-Novel chapters/excerpts
-Short stories/excerpts
-Poetry
-Lyrics
-Articles/Essays
-Scripts
-Other/Miscellaneous
-Fanfiction

I’m best at reviewing novels and short stories, but I’ll still be able to offer my critiques and advice as best as I can for the other categories. I don't have much experience with humor or fanfiction, but I'll still give it a shot.

For Novels/Short Stories with parts: I can follow these stories and also review any later parts--whether it's chapter 32 of a novel or part 5 of a longer short story. If I’m busy/am following others novels, I may be unable to take your request.

Manuscripts (basically anything over 5k words): You can request me to read works/excerpts over 5k words long, but I don’t think I can accept often. But you can always request, in case I'm able to.

Feel free to ask any questions you have about my review and I’ll try to answer! I’m happy to discuss your work either via PM or via the comment boxes below reviews. And also, if you have any questions about my WRFF thread, feel free to ask here :)

Here is a format for when you’re requesting (please remove the parenthetical parts):

Code: Select all
[b]Link to work:[/b]
[b]Description:[/b] (skip this for poetry)
[b]Author’s Note:[/b](any questions or anything important you have to say about your work)
[b]Other:[/b]

Now ask away and happy writing, reviewing, and requesting! :D
Last edited by PrincessInk on Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:43 am, edited 13 times in total.
always daydreaming, always clumsy

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:46 am
occymay says...

I think I'm a review whore, I keep asking for more reviews. My work Knowing Gods is a fantasy novel. I would like it if you could review the first two chapters, they have recently been edited and I just want to see if I have done so correctly. Thank you.

Chapter 1- This one has a flashback that might need removing and a small fight scene that probably needs revising. The first section is also new so if anything seems wrong, let me know.

Knowing Gods chapter 1 (Third draft)

Chapter 2- There are quite a few new sections in this one- the scene between Emma and Willow, the scene between Uri and the boy, and finally the scene between Willow and Uri at the end. They pretty flow from each other so they should be easy to spot.

Knowing Gods Chapter 2 (Third draft)
One must always be careful with books and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.

Tessa Gray- Infernal Devices

373 Reviews

Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:53 pm
PrincessInk says...

@occymay: Done!

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:12 pm
occymay says...

Thank you :)
One must always be careful with books and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.

Tessa Gray- Infernal Devices

Reviews: 0

364 Reviews

Reviews: 364
Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:12 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

Can you review my work? It's poetry but it's kinda long... Romance? It'll really help!
tartaglia, they/he lesbian.
i also go by skylar and reginald!
First member of the bio trio™.
victim of the writer’s block disease

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:31 am
Feltrix says...

Could you review Ascension: Alsari 12 (The Myriad book 1) Ascension: Corso 13 (The Myriad book 1) Ascension: Thørn 14 (The Myriad book 1) and Ascension: Nyx 15 (The Myriad book 1) ? I've found your reviews helpful in the past. I know this is a lot at once, so take your time.
Intrepid Explorer
Squire of the Green Room
Harbinger of the Cosmic Squid
Brief Castaway
Founder of Hermits United
TIME Magazine's 2006 Person of the Year
Dark Matter Overlord
Kind of a Big Deal

373 Reviews

Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:56 pm
PrincessInk says...

@issam and @KaraStevens: done!

@Feltrix: I'll get yours done soon!

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:00 pm
Midnightmoon says...

My new poem Trampoline joy. I really thought it out, and tried to put good imagery in it. please review.

Trampoline Joy

Reviews: 3
Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:15 am
LilyRose says...

Hi I would really like reviews for my realistic short story The Recovery I am writing it for a short story competition of which the deadline is tomorrow so if it can be done asap that would be really helpful thanks xx

373 Reviews

Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:40 am
PrincessInk says...

@LilyRose, @Midnightmoon: Done!

@Feltrix: I think I got one more chapter left! :)

373 Reviews

Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:14 pm
PrincessInk says...

I have finished all! Send more review requests, YWSers! :)

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19

373 Reviews

Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:37 pm
PrincessInk says...

@CarryOnMrCaulfield : sorry, but your works do not exactly adhere to the rules I have above. Your synopsis is over 4k words and your other chapters have a rating 16/18+. For that reason, I cannot give you reviews for this. I apologize for the inconvenience. Feel free to send me more of your works if they apply to the guidelines.

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Thu May 04, 2017 6:09 pm
View Likes
regismare says...

Hey PrincessInk. I have a poem,here and I'd love one final review of it before I rewrite it to hand in. If you could, could you focus more on the emotional effect/your personal opinion/the characters-and-story than the technicalities of the poem? Thank you ^^
awaiting world war three

The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices; to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill, and suspicions can destroy. A thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own.
— Rod Serling, Twilight Zone