z

Young Writers Society

Want a review? You got it!

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:18 pm
skylnn00writes says...

Hey! I would absolutely love to review your work, but just a couple of things first.

I won't review lyrics, art, or poetry. I feel as though I would be no help, since those are not particularly my strongest.

I will definitely review novels, chapters, and short stories.

If requested, I may review articles, scripts, and others.

I am only trying to focus on what I think I am good at so that I can give you a helpful review.

I will also review anything from action, to mystery, to romance, to supernatural. Just about anything, except film, health, historical fiction, and politics. I think I have covered everything. If you aren't sure, just request or PM me and ask, I will either gladly review your work, or kindly tell you that I don't think I am good for it.

My style is to review your work and change things that I would change. I also do my best in helping with grammar and typos that you may have missed while editing. If you would like something specific just ask! :smt001 I try to be as helpful and detailed as I can.

I am kind of a busy person, so if it takes me a little but to review your work, I apologize in advance, but I will definitely get to it. Please don't send spam. I will reply to your request when I have started editing and star your work when I have finished.

Last thing, don't be afraid to message me. I am a very kind person and I will not be rude in my requests. :D I only give gentle constructive criticism, but it will be detailed. Everything I write is a suggestion, please keep that in min.

Ok, now that everything has been cleared up, start sending those requests so I can start reviewing!

~Sky <3
~Sky <3

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:15 pm
Dest says...

Hi, @skylnn00writes, could you review my story Dreaded Dinner Party (Prolouge). So far, I have seven chapters of it posted, but I wouldn't mind if you reviewed as much or as little as you liked.

81 Reviews

Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:51 pm
skylnn00writes says...

@Dest Of course! I will start with the prologue and review the chapters in order :smt001
~Sky <3

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:18 pm
regismare says...

Hey skylnn00writes! I'm writing a story for LMS and I'd really love some feedback on how it's going so far, particularly on the characters and plot but any general feedback is really helpful too. The first two parts have a lot of reviews so they're chill if you don't want to review them (if you want me to go over what happens for context then just say and I shall). It's a first draft so it's pretty messy still, but here they are:
LMS 3
LMS 4
LMS 5
awaiting world war three

81 Reviews

Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:46 am
skylnn00writes says...

@regismare Sure thing, thank you for requesting :smt001 I will read the first couple chapters and leave out the reviews unless I really want to point something out, and then I will review the chapters in order from there. Fair warning, I really have no idea how long this will take me so sorry if it is a while.
~Sky <3

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:55 pm
regismare says...

It's chill : ) Thank you for agreeing to review them! They're not too long - under 1,500 words each. I'm aware of the questionable quality of the first few chapters - I was very tired when I wrote them and I haven't gotten around to editing yet.
awaiting world war three

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:51 pm
Aaraju says...

Hey, I wanted an honest review on my article. Please help. Here's the link:

https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work/Aaraju/An-Unfulfilled-Dream-135138

Thank you.

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:53 pm
Midnightmoon says...

Hi there!
I don't have anything yet, but I'm thinking of posting a novel. I'll let you know when i do and I would be grateful for the review! :)

Midnightmoon

81 Reviews

Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:55 am
skylnn00writes says...

@Midnightmoon I'd be happy to review it for you, thank you for requesting :smt001 yeah, just let me know and I'll get on it
~Sky <3

81 Reviews

Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:57 am
skylnn00writes says...

@Aaraju I will be honest, thank you for requesting :smt001 I'll get to it within the next few days. Sorry if it takes longer
~Sky <3

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:41 am
Aaraju says...

skylnn00writes wrote:@Aaraju I will be honest, thank you for requesting :smt001 I'll get to it within the next few days. Sorry if it takes longer

thank you

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:55 am
CarryOnMrCaulfield says...

Could you please review my novel "Shattered Crowns"? There are eight chapters so far. It is fantasy, with a sort of high medieval setting, so you might consider it historical fiction. It also has a lot of political intrigue, so, if that is not your thing, you may find it rather dull. There are a wide variety of characters and arcs, however, and at least one of them may be up your ally.

In case you want to get a sense of the plot, I published a synopsis as well.

&quot;Shattered Crowns&quot; in depth synopsis

The Carpenter - Exordium of Shattered Crowns

Sally - Chapter One of Shattered Crowns

Wylfred - Chapter Two of Shattered Crowns

The Duchess - Chapter Three of Shattered Crowns

The King of Winter - Chapter Four of Shattered Crowns

Daegar - Chapter Five of Shattered Crowns

The Third Son - Chapter Six of Shattered Crowns

Son of the Black - Chapter Seven of Shattered Crowns

Note: My chapters are relatively long, so be warned.

81 Reviews

Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:33 am
skylnn00writes says...

@CarryOnMrCaulfield Thank you for requesting! Especially since review day is coming up, I might be able to get in a couple chapters sooner rather than later. But since the chapters are longer it may take me a while to get to reviewing them. I will gladly do it though :smt001

~Sky
~Sky <3

364 Reviews

Reviews: 364
Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:23 pm
zaminami says...

Hi skylinn! Can you review My Demonic Instinct Chapter 1.1? It has an LGBTQ+ relationship, as a warning. And if you follow it can you let me know?

Spoiler! :
It will have offscreen rape in the future chapters, but it won't be mentioned in detail or anything. It's literally just the sentence: "[null] was raped." Well, in my first draft, anyway, but I'm not planning to describe it in detail.

Thanks!--

Kara
tartaglia, they/he lesbian.
i also go by skylar and reginald!
First member of the bio trio™.
victim of the writer’s block disease

81 Reviews

Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:24 pm
skylnn00writes says...

@DemonGoddess I will definitely review this! I'm sorry for however long it Also, I do not mind the LGBTQ+ at all (check out my blog : P) If the story intrigues me I will definitely follow it. takes me, I have been way too inactive on this site. Thank you for requesting :smt001
~Sky <3

"The day, which was one of the first of spring, cheered even me by the loveliness of its sunshine and the balminess of the air. I felt emotions of gentleness and pleasure, that had long appeared dead, revive within me. Half surprised by the novelty of these sensations, I allowed myself to be borne away by them, and forgetting my solitude and deformity, dared to be happy."
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein