z

Young Writers Society

marmalade reviews novels and shorts

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:12 am
Charm says...

marmalade reviews novels and shorts

I want to review but this time I'm going to be a bit more picky.

Here are my rules:
    1. fill out the form
    2. when it comes to following novels, I will only follow if I find it interesting from the synopsis or the first chapter (because I get bored easily and then I won't give a review worth your time)
    3. you have to pay before you get the merchandise so do one of the payments for me and I'll get my review out asap
    4. make sure the link works!

Payments (choose ONE):
    1. write me a review
    2. 20 points (feel bad for asking for more points butttttt hey if I'm not going to get a review in return...)
    3. (hmmmm need to think of more things)

My Promises:
    1. I will review the first chapter of any novel send it, even if I end up not following it. You are taking the time to "pay" for my review, you are going to get one.
    2. I will not ignore requests
    3. I will spend my time working and trying hard to help you and your work improve.

So fill out this form and wait for your sweet, sweet review :3

Form:
Code: Select all
[b]Payment:[/b] type here
[b]Title:[/b] type here
[b]Link:[/b] type here
[b]Genre(s):[/b] type here
[b]Synopsis:[/b] type here
[b]Other Information (requests):[/b] type here

I will not review if you do not fill out the form

Spoiler! :
mini rant about synopses:
if you want to actually send out your novel or if you are taking something like seriously, you NEED a synopsis for professional editors and stuff. so i recommend creating a good one that you will use time after time when someone asks for your synopsis. a synopsis is super important and also it might be the thing that stand between me being interested in your novel to bother following, reading, and reviewing it.

//end rant
Last edited by Charm on Fri May 19, 2017 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:20 am
occymay says...

Payment: I'll review one of your pieces, it will probably be one of your stories because I'm hopeless at poetry.

Title: Knowing Gods: The Truth Will Set You Free

Link: N/A

Genre(s): Fantasy

Synopsis: Note: Most of this book is in first person, however, there are parts where it changes to third person to help give more information as they focus on different characters.
The story centers on Willow Dearn is a 16 years old girl who lives in modern day London. She always thought of herself as normal, just an average teenager.
However, one day she gets a wake-up call when she meets a strange inhuman-like person in an alleyway. Her life completely changes after this encounter. Willow realizes that her friends are not all that they seem to be when Uri rips out the heart of Septimus, the demon who tried to kidnap her by orders of the Devil. She finds out that Uri is a fire demon and that Leah is a tiger shapeshifter. In hope of finding answers to why she was attacked that day, Willow and her friends go to Sarana, the floating capital city of Heaven, to meet Adonai. When she meets Adonai he hands her a necklace and as she touches it an image surges through her head of a young girl with white hair and red eyes. Who was this girl?
Instead of asking more questions, she goes in search of some answers. Although her search does not turn up much, she does meet Raphael, the Archangel of Healing, who tells her that the girl she saw was Phoenix who has been missing for the past 8 million years.
However, when she leaves Sarana, though life is not completely uneventful, as soon a new boy, Levi arrives at their school. Soon Leah goes missing but the reason for her disappearance was unexpected. Leah tells her about the recent demon attacks and how that had forced her to leave.
Willow tries to ignore the sense of foreboding she feels by going out. Whilst there, she notices that things seem amiss and soon Uri forces Willow and Mac to go home immediately. Despite a hasty exit, they are still attacked by the Devil’s henchmen. Willow is taken away, leaving Mac scared and alone.
Willow wakes to find herself in a dark dungeon in the Devil’s castle. Before long she has a visit from Levi, or Damien, the Devil’s son. He explains all, such as how he used the magic of a warlock to help him transform into a guy who Willow could trust, as his father wanted the power that she unknowingly possessed.
Later on, she is taken from her cell for the amusement of all the creatures of Hell, she soon hears a noise that she recognises; the sound of a roaring fire. She realises immediately that it is Uri. A battle between the Devil and Uri takes place, but the battle is one sided with Uri being no match for the Devil. Suddenly a shot is fired at Willow, but Uri steps in front of the blast, saving her life. At the sight of her best friend dying on the floor, something in her mind galvanises and the secrets in her mind are set free. She finally realizes who she is, the long lost Phoenix, as well as the ability that she possesses which helped her win the battle against the Devil. Summoning all her energy, she releases a power called Nature’s Justice, defeating the Devil. She heals Uri and quickly retreats.
Willow returns to Alara where she reveals that she is the child of Ash and Jade, Phoenix. Phoenix then reminisces about the beginning of her journey where she first met Uri who would become her protector for the next 8 million years. Everything seems to turn back to normal, but remember it is only the beginning…

This is the ones I send when I try to get published, so if you feel it isn't any good, just let me know :)

Other Information (requests): N/A

Thank you!
One must always be careful with books and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.

Tessa Gray- Infernal Devices

Find wonder in the everyday, find everyday language to articulate it.
— Maurice Manning