Young Writers Society

A+ Reviews from Alice

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:08 pm
View Likes
Persistence says...

Hey there, @jokerman57

Welcome to the YWS! I take it you want what you posted in this thread to be reviewed, and you've come to the right place!

The thing about it, however, is that first you have to properly publish it via the Publishing Center (which can be found at the top of the page), then fill out Alice's form, and post the link to it here!

Publishing something requires points, however, and I see that you have spent all of yours. Do not fret, though! You can get points at any time!

You see, the way YWS works is that everybody wants to have their works read and given feedback for. So, to make sure that people are motivated to review other people's works, they are rewarded with points. The number of points varies, depending on the quality of the review you have written. This way, you get to help someone out, and at the same time gain points to post your own works. I guess you could say that it /works/ out for everyone xD

So, I encourage you, fellow YWSer, write a few reviews to the best of your ability, help a few people out, and then, in turn, receive the points to post your work, then post the link to it here for Alice to review.

Oh, and please fill out the form. That would be fantastic. Have a nice day!
Deep thoughts remind me of unfinished

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat May 14, 2016 1:51 am
Mageheart says...

Hi, Alice! I was hoping you could show my work some love. Or constructive criticism. Whatever you feel is best. :D

Type of Work (Poetry/Novel/Short): Novel
Genre: Fantasy, Mystery
Rating: None
Title: The Case of Schadel Kueper: Chapter 1
Link: The Case of Schadel Kueper: Chapter 1
One Sentence Summary (novels and shorts)/What your poem is about: Schadel Kueper goes hunting for a ghost in a library. (This chapter.)
Long Summary/Synopsis (You only need to do this for shorts and novels): Schadel moves to the literal ghost town of South Haven to open Schadel's Necromancy Agency, an agency that takes cares of both ghosts and mysteries. She meets a woman named Elizabeth Novelo who reminds her of someone she once knew, and becomes determined to get Liz to become her partner.

Liz, on the other hand, only wants to find out the secret Schadel is hiding. The necromancer-for-hire doesn't act like the majority of people who hunt ghosts, and Liz feels like there is something odd about Schadel.

The bandaged man who is following Schadel only makes things a bit more complicated.
Word Count: 2,000-3,000 words
Deadline: Whatever works for you. You're the reviewer, not me.
What you want me to focus on in the review (Optional): Characters, plot, and anything that sticks out to you. Also, what you like.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:19 am
dankmemelord says...

Type of Work: Fiction/dramatic

Title: The clock

Link: The Clock

One Sentence Summary (novels and shorts)/What your poem is about: Man is annoyed with clock. A boy makes a choice that changes his life forever.

Long Summary/Synopsis (You only need to do this for shorts and novels):

Word Count: A little less the 500.

Deadline: Whenever you feel like it.

What you want me to focus on in the review (Optional): Anything that will make it better/ polt/ not so much grammar

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:28 am
Charm says...

@dankmemelord
I'll do the review as soon as I get a review from you :P. And when I said 'type of work' I didn't mean genre, I meant like a poem, a short story or a novel. Also, I need the specific word count (it's what I asked for in the rules).

Anyway, have a nice day :) (well night xD)

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:47 am
Mageheart says...

Hi, Alice! I was wondering if you could review the second chapter of my current project, The Case of Schadel Kueper (I asked you to review the first chapter awhile ago.)

Type of Work (Poetry/Novel/Short): Novel
Genre: Fantasy, Mystery, Supernatural
Title: The Case of Schadel Kueper: Chapter 2
Link: The Case of Schadel Kueper: Chapter 2
One Sentence Summary (novels and shorts)/What your poem is about: Elizabeth Novelo meets a strange bandaged man.
Long Summary/Synopsis (You only need to do this for shorts and novels): Schadel moves to the literal ghost town of South Haven to open Schadel's Necromancy Agency, an agency that takes cares of both ghosts and mysteries. She meets a woman named Elizabeth Novelo who reminds her of someone she once knew, and becomes determined to get Liz to become her partner.

Liz, on the other hand, only wants to find out the secret Schadel is hiding. The necromancer-for-hire doesn't act like the majority of people who hunt ghosts, and Liz feels like there is something odd about Schadel.

The bandaged man who is following Schadel only makes things a bit more complicated.
Word Count: 976 words
Deadline: Whatever works for you. You're the reviewer, not me. Although I would prefer sooner rather than later.
What you want me to focus on in the review (Optional): Characters, plot, and anything that sticks out to you. Also, what you like.

Thank you if you review, and if you decide not to, thank you for considering it.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:05 am
Laurenh6 says...

Hi there! Please could you review my work :) .. Watching - just improved it and would like some advice :)

Type of work: Novel chapter (it's the first chapter)

Title and link: Watching

One sentence summary: A girl has a stalker who has a strange obsession

Long summary: I'd like you to see what you think will happen so I know I'm leading it in the right direction xD

Word count: 1013

Deadline : It doesn't really matter , although I personally would prefer if it was quite soon. :P

What I'd like you to focus on : plot, character - everything really. Just your opinion. I'd also quite like to know any improvements and how effective I am at building suspense. Whether or not it keeps you hooked.

Many thanks :)

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.
— Sir James Dewar, Scientist