Young Writers Society

HSJ's Reviews.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:04 pm
View Likes
HSJ says...

Introduction

Hello there, HSJ here. I'm another fellow literature enthusiast and I enjoy reviewing people's works. Let me tell you what I do.

My reviewing style is a little different from others, but I'm not quite sure it is 100% original. I basically take your chapter to a writing software application and cut through the entire story. I find the major mistakes in your writing as to not seem pedantic, and quote them, offering solutions to these errors.

I offer constructive criticism that could be considered a little harsh at times, but that's just how I roll, and how I manage reviewing works.

I accept reviewing everything, except any fanfiction. From time to time, though rare, I will accept poetry review requests. If you wish to request a review, fill in the form and post it down below.

Request Form

Link:
Genre:
Length:
Other:

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:18 pm
AnarchyWolf says...

Link: here
Genre: Action/crime/something like that
Length: 1358 words. Not too long.
Other: Do you worst. Don't worry about offending me.

If you want a summary of what happened in the previous chapter, I'll be more than happy to tell ya.

-AnarchyWolf
Don't resist the water. Welcome it.

6 Reviews

Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:42 pm
HSJ says...

AnarchyWolf wrote:Link: here
Genre: Action/crime/something like that
Length: 1358 words. Not too long.
Other: Do you worst. Don't worry about offending me.

If you want a summary of what happened in the previous chapter, I'll be more than happy to tell ya.

-AnarchyWolf

Ooh, crime, interesting. Yeah I'd love a brief summary of what happened before, that'd be great.

200 Reviews

Reviews: 200
Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:34 pm
kman134 says...

Genre: Teen Fiction/Romance/Supernatural/anime

Title: My Life in a Bizarre Town

Premise: A story about a 16-year-old boy--Haru Takashima--who returns to his childhood home after 10 years of being away and reuniting with his childhood friend, Elizabeth Youngblood, but discovers a shocking secret...she's a vampire.

Could you please do a review of it?

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:16 am
yizhongt says...

Link: Starlight: Prologue
Genre: Science Fiction/ Adventure
Length: 774 words (really short)
Other: Please help me to cut down on repetitiveness.

Thanks in advance!

6 Reviews

Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:23 pm
HSJ says...

I'll get to these reviews in good time, just going through some problems at the moment, sorry.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:18 am
AnarchyWolf says...

Sorry for the slow reply - was travelling. Anyway, the summary of Chapter One is as follows:

Rich brat wakes up to find a stranger in his room. They fight, stranger wins and demands food and medical care for wounds caused by an earlier dog-mauling. Brat and stranger talk, and brat decides to wing it and run away.

I don't know if the story would class as 'crime', but the protagonists do jobs that are definitely illegal in order to survive.

-AnarchyWolf
Don't resist the water. Welcome it.

No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.
— W. A. Nance