Young Writers Society

HSJ's Reviews.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:04 pm
View Likes
HSJ says...

Introduction

Hello there, HSJ here. I'm another fellow literature enthusiast and I enjoy reviewing people's works. Let me tell you what I do.

My reviewing style is a little different from others, but I'm not quite sure it is 100% original. I basically take your chapter to a writing software application and cut through the entire story. I find the major mistakes in your writing as to not seem pedantic, and quote them, offering solutions to these errors.

I offer constructive criticism that could be considered a little harsh at times, but that's just how I roll, and how I manage reviewing works.

I accept reviewing everything, except any fanfiction. From time to time, though rare, I will accept poetry review requests. If you wish to request a review, fill in the form and post it down below.

Request Form

Link:
Genre:
Length:
Other:

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:18 pm
AnarchyWolf says...

Link: here
Genre: Action/crime/something like that
Length: 1358 words. Not too long.
Other: Do you worst. Don't worry about offending me.

If you want a summary of what happened in the previous chapter, I'll be more than happy to tell ya.

-AnarchyWolf
Don't resist the water. Welcome it.

6 Reviews

Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:42 pm
HSJ says...

AnarchyWolf wrote:Link: here
Genre: Action/crime/something like that
Length: 1358 words. Not too long.
Other: Do you worst. Don't worry about offending me.

If you want a summary of what happened in the previous chapter, I'll be more than happy to tell ya.

-AnarchyWolf

Ooh, crime, interesting. Yeah I'd love a brief summary of what happened before, that'd be great.

200 Reviews

Reviews: 200
Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:34 pm
kman134 says...

Genre: Teen Fiction/Romance/Supernatural/anime

Title: My Life in a Bizarre Town

Premise: A story about a 16-year-old boy--Haru Takashima--who returns to his childhood home after 10 years of being away and reuniting with his childhood friend, Elizabeth Youngblood, but discovers a shocking secret...she's a vampire.

Could you please do a review of it?

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:16 am
yizhongt says...

Link: Starlight: Prologue
Genre: Science Fiction/ Adventure
Length: 774 words (really short)
Other: Please help me to cut down on repetitiveness.

Thanks in advance!

6 Reviews

Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:23 pm
HSJ says...

I'll get to these reviews in good time, just going through some problems at the moment, sorry.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:18 am
AnarchyWolf says...

Sorry for the slow reply - was travelling. Anyway, the summary of Chapter One is as follows:

Rich brat wakes up to find a stranger in his room. They fight, stranger wins and demands food and medical care for wounds caused by an earlier dog-mauling. Brat and stranger talk, and brat decides to wing it and run away.

I don't know if the story would class as 'crime', but the protagonists do jobs that are definitely illegal in order to survive.

-AnarchyWolf
Don't resist the water. Welcome it.

"You're wrong about humanity. They are your greatest creation because they're better than you are. Sure, they're weak, and they cheat and steal and destroy and disappoint, but they also give and create, and they sing and dance and love. Above all, they never give up."
— Metatron