z

Young Writers Society

Jericho's Review Plaza

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:25 am
Jericho says...

Or, you know, something like that. Pardon my formatting; I'm not an aesthetic genius.

I figured since I've been requesting from this forum for the last few days, I should create a thread to offer my services back to the community in the form of reviews, should anyone want one from me. I have a few examples of my reviews on the site so far—I am not a kind reviewer in any meaning of the word, though I will encourage and point out ways that you can move forward with your writing.

What do I want in return? A reply to my review, possibly, or anything you see fit. I ask for little, only recognition.

What I will review:

Novel/Chapter or Short Story - You might see that this is my preferred section of the site, and I feel it is where I do my best reviewing as well as writing. I consider myself rather skilled in parsing characterization, plot, dialogue, realism, purpose, message, etc.
=====If you would like me to review just one chapter of your novel, then link me to that chapter.
=====If you would like me to review your whole novel, either at once or as you post it, then please specify so and link me to your first installment and, if it is in progress, tag me (with @Jericho, for those who might not know) or let me know in some other fashion as you update.

Article/Essay - I will gladly review your article or essay to the best of my ability, bringing not only analysis but some form of discussion to the table should the article call for it; I consider myself something of a Renaissance man, so I should be able to discuss something no matter the topic.

Poetry/Lyrics - I am neither a poet nor a lyricist, but I will do my best to analyze your work should you like a review in this section of the site.

What I will not review:

Anything rated 16+ or 18+ for Mature Content. I'm...frankly uncomfortable with that kind of thing. However, language and violence are perfectly fine.

Anything with excessive grammatical errors, to the point where they severely detract from the quality of the piece. It is difficult for me to read this sort of thing, and even more difficult to review, as often a very many of the issues are spawned by the bad grammar. I can do well with some errors (God knows I've made ten in this post, in all likelihood), but please proofread beforehand.

Horror. In all honesty, it's just not my genre.

I may take a couple of days (possibly three or four) to get to each review requested of me. For full-novel review requests, depending on the length of the novel, I may space out the reviews so you receive one each day or every other day.

If this does not daunt you: Ask away!

119 Reviews

Reviews: 119
Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:37 pm
InfiniteRectangles says...

Hi! I just wrote a satire and would appreciate it greatly if you could review it for me! The Creativity Epidemic Thanks so much! :3
"We are, as a species, addicted to story. Even when the body goes to sleep, the mind stays up all night, telling itself stories" ~Jonathan Gottschall

325 Reviews

Reviews: 325
Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:54 pm
tigeraye says...

I'm looking for input on this Christmas story I wrote,

The Gift of Life

Thank you ^^
dot

524 Reviews

Reviews: 524
Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:25 pm
felistia says...

Hi Jericho, Felistia here. :D
I would love if you could review my novel in progress Search for the Ruby of Fire. I need someone to review all the chapters as I post them. It would be a great help. :D
I will be sure to notify you whenever I post another chapter if you choose to review my story. :D
https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work/felistia/Search-for-the-Ruby-of-Fire-Chapter-1-edited-124445

Just because you don't feel like a hero in your own story, doesn't mean you're not a hero in someone else's.
— Tenyo