Young Writers Society

I'll Review For You!

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:23 am
View Likes
Charm says...

Hi! :smt003

My name is Rachel and I am willing to review your work!

I don't really want anything in return but you could read my novel that is on YWS, New Haven. That is if you feel like you want to do something in return. Also if you have a certain deadline I will try to review in time but I have no promises.

Fill out this to get me to review your work:
Spoiler! :
Title: [with link if applicable]
Genre:
Type of Work: [Ex. Poetry]
Length:
Deadline: [if you have one]

Synopsis:

I am:

Willing to Review: Novels/Chapters is my favorite thing to review. I don't like long chapters but I can work with them. Short stories are a maybe. I don't like them to be long either.
NOT Willing Review: Poetry (Just because I'm so bad at review it and I won't be any help to you) and anything else that is not listed in "willing to review"

Genres I will review: ROMANCE (I am a girl who loves her romance!), fantasy, adventure, drama, realistic fiction. I really like dark things. Like with people dying and stuff... :?
Genres I will NOT review: Horror, fan-fiction, thriller, nonfiction.
Last edited by Charm on Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

377 Reviews

Reviews: 377
Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:45 pm
View Likes
Snazzy says...

Title: Fortissimo Chapter 2 (pt. 2/2) Fortissimo: Chapter Two (part two)
Genre: Realistic, Teen Fiction
Type of Work: Novel
Length: WEEEELLL... It's 2,323 words (for NaNo), so it's kind long... But it's posted in parts, so not as long as it could be, I guess.
Deadline: No deadline, really. :D If you're super busy, I totally understand. Maybe by the end of this month at the very latest... ;)

Synopsis: (here's the entire novel's un-edited synopsis:)
Alexandra Bates is an old teenage girl, moving into a new town. She'll face new friends, a new school, a new band, and unfortunately - new school bullies.
She's always been able to survive by staying quiet, being in the back of the crowd. "Going with the flow," as they say.
But after a disastrous accident, will Alexandra be able to cope with a quiet, shy life? Or will she snap under the pressure?

(here's this chapter part's horrible synopsis :) )

Macy drags Alexandra to church with her, and she has a surprisingly normal and easy-ish time. Also, another stress/anxiety filled night, waiting for the first day of school...

idk, I'm bad with synopsis-es...

Also, if you want to review another (maybe shorter) chapter part instead of this one, that would be fine too. ;)

Thanks!
Disciple of Christ • Coffee Addict • Poetry Consumer

Formerly SnazzyPencil

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:11 pm
View Likes
BlackhawkUnder says...

Title: The Name Game
Prologue, The Name Game
Chapter 1.1, The Name Game **UPDATED**
Chapter 1.2, The Name Game
Chapter 2.1, The Name Game
Chapter 2.2, The Name Game **UPDATED**

Genre: romance, fantasy/adventure

Type of Work: Novel/Chapters

Length: Chp. 1.1 = ~2400, Chp. 1.2 = ~2600

Deadline: none

Note: I mainly want my chapter one reviewed, as I have completely redone it since the last time I posted it and the comments I received no longer apply :? I would also really appreciate reviews for chapter two as well. the prologue is posted just to give you background :smt001

Synopsis:
Wolfria Dvorak's world grows more dangerous by the day as the impending war of the Five draws near. She finds herself keeping her friends close, but her enemies closer. As she continues to survive cloaked with false identities, people begin to wonder who she really is, and begin to ask questions she can't answer. Heritage, birthright, responsibility and mystery shadow Wolfria's every step until her secrets are exposed and she must fight for her beloved's life as well as her own. The blood of family, friends and enemies will be shed before they can be safe.

277 Reviews

Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:39 am
View Likes
Charm says...

@snazzypencil
@BlackhawkUnder

I'll get to reviewing as soon as I am done with the chapter I am working on. So that would mean at least 2 days, at most 3.

277 Reviews

Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:13 pm
View Likes
Charm says...

@Snazzypencil I just finished reviewing for you!

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:56 pm
View Likes
Jericho says...

Title: In the Absence of Stars
(I would especially appreciate reviews on In the Absence of Stars - 1.2)

Genre: Speculative fiction, futuristic, utopia/dystopia.

Type of Work: Novel/chapter.

Length: Each chapter section is between 1000 and 2500 words, though the latter is rare and quite long. Chapter 1.2 specifically is about 1400 words.

Deadline: None, thank you.

Synopsis: Seven is crossing the Mississippi Desert in an effort to become what she craves so much: Perfection. In a future set some centuries after the last Total War, Seven is one of the majority, a mutant in a land of mutants, but all she seeks in life is to become an Angel—someone without worries or cares, who needs only to lift a finger and have everything under their control. Chapter 1.2 is more of a character introduction than anything.

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:05 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

Title: Christmas with Witches
Genre: Adventure, Humor
Type of Work: Novel
Length: 1096 words
Deadline: No deadline

Synopsis: I do not have much for a synopsis but the first paragraph. It gives a pretty good idea about the story.

12 days Until Christmas: Journal Entry 1
As we all grow up, we say and do things we regret. We read about characters from far off and fantasy lands. Most people will just shut the book and then those characters are gone, just me memories. I happen to have what some would say is an over active imagination. By this I mean the characters stick with me. When I talk, I compare real life events to the characters' world and I am called a fan girl. In truth I am a witch, a high priestess of the last great coven and my power is bringing the people in books and on television to life.

All I have so far is the first chapter but I am working on a second.
Happy Holidays!
-lizzy

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

200 Reviews

Reviews: 200
Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:23 pm
kman134 says...

Hi Rachel, could you review my work, "My Life in a Bizarre Town" please?

119 Reviews

Reviews: 119
Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:38 pm
InfiniteRectangles says...

Please review my satire The Creativity Epidemic if you don't mind! It's my first satire that I've written and I need some feedback! Thanks! :3
"We are, as a species, addicted to story. Even when the body goes to sleep, the mind stays up all night, telling itself stories" ~Jonathan Gottschall

Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto (I am a man, I don't consider anything human foreign to me)
— Terence