Random avatar

Reviews: 139

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:06 pm
View Likes
Lightsong says...

@Rascalover and @mialynire: Reviews done! Do come back again soon! :D
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

472 Reviews

Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:24 pm
Lightsong says...

*bump thread* People, request! :D
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

Reviews: 3
Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:28 pm
CodyKnight says...

Knight's Gauntlet

I'd love a review for the novel I'm working on, I have the first done, and I'm tying up my first edit on my second chapter before I start working on my third chapter.

Thanks a bunch if you get to it :)

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:53 am
zsmith says...

Hi there, the first chapter of my novel has plenty of reviews but none of the other chapters do, do you think you could go and give some of them a review?

Numb - Chapter 1

472 Reviews

Mon May 09, 2016 5:00 pm
Lightsong says...

It's open! Those who don't get their pieces reviewed, it's because I choose not to for some reasons.

- Two slots open -

- David L. Ulin

472 Reviews

Tue May 17, 2016 5:56 pm
Lightsong says...

~bump~

- David L. Ulin

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Tue May 17, 2016 6:25 pm
Costa says...

If you've a slot for "novel following" available, I'd appreciate if you could take a gander at mine: War of Dawn.

I've rewritten and expanded the start recently-ish, so feedback from a fresh reader would be nice. A handful of chapters only have one review, too.

Fair warning: they're very lengthy chapters, ranging from 3-5k up to 6k (though these aren't the norm).

If you're interested, you can find it in my portfolio; and if you do decide to follow it, I'll PM you whenever I add a new chapter.

Cheers.

472 Reviews

Wed May 18, 2016 2:19 am
Lightsong says...

@Costa: I usually reject requests that don't provide me links instantly... but this would be an exception. Please give me a link to it, and after I've reviewed two chapters, I'd consider whether to continue review or not. c:

- Two Slots Open -

- David L. Ulin

45 Reviews

Wed May 18, 2016 2:38 am
Costa says...

Sorry. I figured it was best to simply point to the portfolio as I was putting the entire piece up for consideration.

Chapter 1 is here and Chapter 2 is here.

Do note that, as mentioned before, the beginning of the story has been rewritten, so many of the comments for 2 are from the previous draft.

472 Reviews

Sat May 21, 2016 1:45 am
Lightsong says...

@Costa: It'd take a while to review this, so I hope you don't mind waiting.

- David L. Ulin

45 Reviews

Sat May 21, 2016 2:30 am
Costa says...

It's all good. I'm in no rush.

If it helps speed things along for you, mind, don't feel obligated to go through it with a fine-tooth comb.

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:07 pm
RippleGylf says...

Could you review this poem, please?
https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work/RippleGylf/Anthill-130544
"Eternity, I hear you calling, but you will not have me yet."

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:05 pm
JuliasSneezer says...

Good day, Lightsong!

I would first off like to thank you for making something like this for us that have a bit of a hard time getting reviews. Thanks!

I have a novel chapter for you to read, though I don't think you have to read any previous chapter to understand what's going on. It finishes at 2414 words, excluding title. It's fantasy, though it's set on earth if you're into that sort of thing. There's no language or violence whatsoever.

Here's the link!

Spoiler! :
https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work/CupcakesForRealMen/The-Cave--Chapter-III--Wizard-of-Oz-Vibes-130550

Thank you much!

-Cups :pirate3:
"When in doubt, improvise!"
-Winny the woodpecker

Pain is filtered in a poem so that it becomes finally, in the end, pleasure.
— Mark Strand