z

Young Writers Society

Get Your Honest, Un-Sugarcoated Review Here!

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:23 pm
MLanders says...

Just like the subject states, I will provide you with an honest, un-sugarcoated, blunt and to-the-point review of your work. Simply put, I have been writing for 14 years and I learn something new about my writing capabilities almost daily. I am no expert, by far, but I like to think my writing skills are above par, as I was an English/Creative Writing major in college. I review short stories, novels, pretty much any genre besides sci-fi. I love realistic fiction, as well as fantasy. The only thing I will not review is poetry, because I am terrible at it and typically don't understand the concept at all. If I ever make an attempt at reviewing a poem, consider yourself lucky! I love reviewing, as I love contributing to someone else's learning opportunities and bettering someone's knowledge of writing, and one of the best ways to learn and better yourself is to teach someone else. :mrgreen: Feel free to leave me a link to your work and I will get to it within 24-48 hours (I have 3 kids - all boys - who demand my attention 24/7, but I try to have a reasonable reviewing timeline, as I know how anxious I can get when awaiting a review). If you have any questions, feel free to pm me! Also, please let me know if you review also, what you like to review, and if you'd be interested in reviewing something for me in return! Thank you!
"Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire, I hold with those who favor fire..." -Robert Frost, "Fire & Ice"

198 Reviews

Reviews: 198
Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:48 am
View Likes
Dreamworx95 says...

It's nice to meet you, MLanders. I have been writing for about eight years. I've dabbled in all genres, including poetry! My first love will always be prose. I also enjoy the process of teaching and learning that trading reviews offers. As it is, I have posted a short story that hasn't gotten a review yet. It's a realistic short story about a young woman who dies and then her soul gets absorbed into her crock pot. I'd love it if you could have a look! Here's the link:

Zahra's Crock Pot

I'm definitely interested in reading something of yours! I've posted a call for reviews in this forum. Why don't you post a link to your piece here: Dreamworx's Reviews

I look forward to hearing back from you!

- Dream.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:51 am
MLanders says...

@Dreamworx95, review complete! Not terribly helpful, but hope it made your day!
"Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire, I hold with those who favor fire..." -Robert Frost, "Fire & Ice"

198 Reviews

Reviews: 198

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:07 pm
Lashea says...

profile/Lashea

Please review some of my works thank you (>^_^)>
*Soul Meets Soul On Lovers Lips*

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:55 pm
Linguistic says...

Hey! I'd love a harsh and honest review on the first chapter of a story I'm working on. Take your time with it :) can't wait to see what you think.

The Drowners -1-

Thanks so much!

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:54 am
horrendous says...

Arthur's Showdown

i intend to submit this work to a literary magazine in hopes of it being published, so an honest, blunt review from someone with experience is what i need. tear it apart so i can rebuild it. thanks in advance.
hor·ren·dous
adjective: shockingly dreadful; horrible
synonyms: appalling, frightful, hideous

--

Life is like a box of chocolates. Too much will make you sick.

325 Reviews

Reviews: 325
Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:31 pm
tigeraye says...

Hi, I appreciate it if you gave me your thoughts on this short story of mine, Xynophen. Thanks a bunch.
dot

"Please put me in the quote generator whenever you like."
— SirenCymbaline the Kiwi