Young Writers Society

The 'grim is coming for you.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:18 am
Featherstone says...

Hey Megrim,

I haven't published much here on YWS, but I was hoping you could review a few of my works. They are all fantasy novels, one with the first chapter & prologue, the other just the first chapter. All the links are below, if you're interested, but the main one I was hoping to get feedback on (because I haven't yet) is Huntress: Chapter 1 (Book 1 in the Wolfsbane Chronicles).

Thanks!
Featherstone9086

Huntress, Chapter 1: Pack (Book 1 in the Wolfsbane Chronicles)

The other two are in the Green Room under Shadowsong. I will post the links ASAP.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

264 Reviews

Reviews: 264
Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:02 pm
Megrim says...

Okay sounds fun, both of you! I'm going to close to new requests until I can get all these current ones cleared out, otherwise everyone's going to end up waiting for ages and ages. I'm going to have to shelve Swordsman's novels--too much else going on, I think. I'll definitely get to all these new ones as soon as I can. I tend to get them done in bursts when I have time off.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:51 pm
Featherstone says...

Thanks, Megrim! Here are the two links I said I'd post:

Shadowsong: Prologue

Shadowsong: Chapter 1

he/him/his

264 Reviews

Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:50 am
Megrim says...

I finished Beginnings and also have done several of Dracula's short stories! I'm still chewing them up, but I've done enough to officially say I've "finished" on the WRFF ;) Onto featherstone next once I've had my fill of short stories. I think I've got enough out of the way to reopen to more requests. That can of course be single pieces or novels. If you post a first chapter I'll probably look at the rest of them anyway...

Reviews: 3
Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:52 am
dracowave says...

Hey Megrim, nice to meet you. I have a story i am writing called Return to Nothing. its genre fantasy and the story focuses on my original characters placed alongside mythological characters. I'm not the best writer so the work may end up being lackluster, but i would appreciate any and all criticism no matter how harsh it is. This is the first chapter and if you like it feel free to message me for more. Return to Nothing Draft

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:05 am
Lightsong says...

A Writer's Wish

Please review this poem! :D
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

117 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:40 am
Featherstone says...

Hey Megrim! I'm back!

I was wondering if you could review Shadowsong, Chapters 2-5 (links below).

Disclaimer:
I hope to publish someday and I want you to treat this story as if it were about to go out on submission. I will not be upset if you tell me to rewrite everything about it.

Hope to see you around,

Feather

Shadowsong: Chapter 2- This World of Light

Shadowsong: Chapter 3- Those Echoing Cries of Pain

Shadowsong: Chapter 4- Harbinger of Death

Shadowsong: Chapter 5- Yes, Master

he/him/his

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:06 pm
AnarchyWolf says...

Greetings, @Megrim. I have a short story that I'd like some really harsh-but-constructive criticism on?
Thank you :)
Don't resist the water. Welcome it.

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:58 pm
Charm says...

please tear it into pieces without ripping apart my pride <3 i plan on publishing this and i already know it's a little rough xD but i'm in love with the plot

it's a science fiction/fantasy/don't really know like earth doesn't exist but it takes place in a world with planets and spaceships and stuff. (i only gave you the link to the first chapter but there are eight chapters on YWS)

marmalade

//edit
I removed the link because I decided to republish Atana. I edited it so deeply that's it's practically new (I think). The plot's the same just a lot of the world is different. I'll edit this again and put the link here when I gather enough points to publish the first chapter. Please feel free to tear it to bits <3

//edit again
Atana: Chapter 1

264 Reviews

Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:00 pm
Megrim says...

Ok finished Shadowsong and onto Atana!

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:00 am
CarryOnMrCaulfield says...

This is the Exordium to a low fantasy epic I am currently writing. I was wondering if you could take a look. The first three chapters, which occur ten years following the Exordium, are also posted, if you would also be interested in taking a look.

The Carpenter - Exordium of Shattered Crowns

- Holden

P.S. I'm a big boy, so don't sugarcoat anything for me. Honest critique only makes us better as writers.

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:02 am
View Likes
Mea says...

Hey Megrim! Can I beg a review of this extremely rough chapter? Prince, Spy, Priest

Title is subject to change. Pitch: When a wildly successful assassination attempt kills most of his family and leaves his kingdom reeling, a fifthborn prince must use his training as a spy to help his unprepared older sister stabilize her newly-gained throne, even though all he wants to do is track down the sect responsible for the assassination.

It takes place in a tropical environment and there's also ink magic.

This is a very rough draft, and I'm mostly looking for feedback on the learning curve/pacing - should I get to the action quicker, or spend longer establishing things? Am I not giving enough information? That kind of thing.

Thank you!
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

264 Reviews

Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:59 pm
Megrim says...

Ooook, cranked some reviews out today and finally caught up (for now).

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:05 pm
MeatBunCat says...

Glorious Fantasy Ch.1: A New world

Ima pumping these out as fast as I can to keep focused on it, with plans to start editing after I'm done. So mostly I wanna know how much attention I can keep. So review as much as you are interested in, and focus on how interesting the stories pacing and sense of expression and humor is, if you can.

Thank you!

264 Reviews

"Do not try to be pretty. You weren't meant to be pretty; you were meant to burn down the earth and graffiti the sky. Don't let anyone ever simplify you to just 'pretty'"
— Suzanne Rivard