z

Young Writers Society

The 'grim is coming for you.

264 Reviews

Reviews: 264
Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:32 pm
Megrim says...

Blargh apparently no one reads the post.

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:22 pm
shima says...

Megrim wrote:Blargh apparently no one reads the post.

Just changed my post. Gonna review it now? :-)

276 Reviews

Reviews: 276
Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:00 am
rosette says...

Hello Megrim!
I'd appreciate a review on the first chapter of of my novel: Cedar Ravine 1.1.

The novel does have strong religious themes, but I don't consider this opening chapter to be too extreme. I understand if you cannot review it, however I really need it. >.<

I understand that Megrim is not a gentle critter. I am prepared to hear difficult things about my plot and characters, and will not be upset if I'm told to rewrite everything about it.
On earth I long to be like Him

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:55 pm
WyvrynScribe says...

Hello there! I just finished writing up the second drafts of my 1st, 2nd, and 3rd chapter and I am working on the polishing the first of my fourth of my science-fantasy(maybe fiction?) novel(?). I think I’m due for some very harsh critique on my writing, as I feel like there’s a lot I can improve on that I can’t put my finger on. You can do one chapter or all, or maybe two of you want. I hope I can get some good critique on my works! Links in order of chapter are below! Take your time.
Sometimes, you want to scream for change. Other times, you just want to ask for help. But too many times, we're too afraid to speak. - Rachel (maybe inspired by someone IDK I just made it up tell me if I subconsciously copied or something)

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:18 pm
charleslee says...

Hey, I was hoping you could review the first few chapters of my fantasy novel I have posted on here. I have made some changes according to what other reviewers had to say, but still consider this an early draft.

I understand that Megrim is not a gentle critter. I am prepared to hear difficult things about my plot and characters, and will not be upset if I'm told to rewrite everything about it.

Here are the three links to my work:

https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work/charleslee/I-Will-Return-Prologue-138905

https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work/charleslee/I-Will-Return-Chapter-1-138924

https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work/charleslee/I-Will-Return-Chapter-21-138987

By the way, the references to Moses in the beginning is merely meant as an allusion, not to contribute to any themes.

Thanks a lot for offering your help, hope you're able to give me a review!

475 Reviews

Reviews: 475
Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:07 pm
Apricity says...

Icarus Girl

Shred this apart, please.
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

264 Reviews

Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:12 pm
Megrim says...

Hello! I have been hiding from the world finishing a draft for the past few months. I will start going through these all in the near future. Sorry for taking so long! I actually didn't check the site so didn't realize anyone had even requested anything :S

Ps... Pleeeeease reaaaaaaad the ruuuuuleeeezzzzzzz. I stated right in the first post that if you ignore them, I will ignore you.

264 Reviews

Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:58 pm
Megrim says...

All caught up and ready for more!

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:09 pm
WritingWolf says...

I have an essay due this Sunday (2/18/18) and I would really like to get some opinions on it before I have to turn it in. If you don't have time to do it until after that's okay, I still love to learn and grow as a writer.
In particular I want someone to double check my spelling/grammar for typos and such and recommendations on how to condense stuff (I'm over length right now lol).

Reaching Wide Audiences in Serialized Television Shows

Note: What I have here is just the body of the essay. I do have a copy that is formatted in APA with citations, it just isn't compatible with posting on YWS.

Disclaimer: I understand that Megrim is not a gentle critter. I am prepared to hear difficult things about my plot and characters, and will not be upset if I'm told to rewrite everything about it.
Also, I really appreciate those types of reviews. So gimme whatever you got!
~You can only grasp what you reach for~

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:39 am
Rascalover says...

Please review this: Dear Cocaine and Other Things

Disclaimer: I understand that Megrim is not a gentle critter. I am prepared to hear difficult things about my plot and characters, and will not be upset if I'm told to rewrite everything about it.
There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and open a vein~ Red Smith

Who needs a review? :) http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic38078.html

Reviews: 0
Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:14 pm
eiaeh9 says...

Please review my piece Butterflies Out of the Wings at Ballerinas Out of the Wings
Many Thanks

Reviews: 0
Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:02 am
MasterAvi says...

Can you very harshly review the introduction and chapter one of my prison escape book? Thanks!
The Running Man Introduction and Chapter 1

275 Reviews

Reviews: 275
Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:27 pm
elysian says...

Okay, so I'm not sure if my book would fall under religious or spiritual because heaven and hell do play a part but it's kind of the background, it's more about the characters in it. If you don't want to review, you don't have to!

untitled - chapter one

untitled - chapter two

thank you <3
elysian: (adj.) beautiful or creative; divinely inspired; peaceful and perfect.

formally lylas.

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:18 pm
Aranya says...

Hi Megrim!!

Could you pls review this slam poem on Gay Love ?? :)
Honey and Sunshine

Shall always be ready to help you in any form!!

Thank you so much!!

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:19 am
Aranya says...

Hi Megrim!!

Could you pls review this slam poem on Gay Love ?? :)
Honey and Sunshine

Shall always be ready to help you in any form!!

Thank you so much!!

The moral of Snow White is never eat apples.
— Lemony Snicket