z

Young Writers Society

The 'grim is coming for you.

91 Reviews

Reviews: 91
Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:57 am
AlyTheBookworm says...

Already asked around this forum for a couple o' reviews, but more is better! At the moment I only have two and my work is no longer in the green room- so if you have some time, please tear this apart for me. :)

(Just so you know, it's four compiled chapters of Luminous. I'd love reviews on all of it, but I'm fine if you only want to go over the first chapter)
Luminous

I hope to publish someday and I want you to treat this story as if it were about to go out on submission. I will not be upset if you tell me to rewrite everything about it.

264 Reviews

Reviews: 264
Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:23 am
Megrim says...

I FINALLY finished, and I think I better shut this down for a while, because I've been lousy about keeping up with it. I'm in the middle of major edits so spend most of my writing time doing that. I may still check out the green room and you could try suggesting I review something of yours, but as we've seen, I'm not likely to get to it anytime this century.

So for now...

NOT CURRENTLY ACCEPTING REVIEW REQUESTS.

264 Reviews

Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:05 pm
Megrim says...

REOPENING TO REVIEW REQUESTS.

There is no maximum to the number of people who can request at a time, but there's also no guarantees of a deadline from me. I'll go at my own pace. I promise to get to everybody eventually, just maybe not at an even or predictable pace.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:38 am
ardentlyThieving says...

Hey hey, you said you're willing to review poetry? I'd love another perspective on my latest piece of writing!

A truth, a lie, and a half-truth

I understand that Megrim is not a gentle critter. I am prepared to hear difficult things about my plot and characters, and will not be upset if I'm told to rewrite everything about it.
“Thus human beings judge of one another, superficially, casually, throwing contempt on one another, with but little reason, and no charity.” - Emmuska Orczy, 'The Scarlet Pimpernel'

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:34 pm
Kale says...

I see no closed sign, so...

Keep Driving

Impressions on tone and the possible interpretations you see would be the parts I'm focused on. Of course, anything else that you spot would also be welcome.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

154 Reviews

Reviews: 154
Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:21 pm
Zoom says...

I am also taking advantage of the open sign.

I'd be more than happy for you to review the first instalment of my novel please. No reviews or feedback yet so very eager to receive any form of review. Thank you in advance.

I understand that Megrim is not a gentle critter. I am prepared to hear difficult things about my plot and characters, and will not be upset if I'm told to rewrite everything about it.

Adryan's Promise - Chapter 1.1
he/his

264 Reviews

Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:17 pm
View Likes
Megrim says...

All set with everything posted so far. Ready for more victims.

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:23 pm
Kale says...

*appreciates the review despite forgetting the disclaimer whoops*

Kylls are very forgetful creatures at times yes.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

Reviews: 3
Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:55 pm
LizzieH3 says...

Can you review my poem The Worry Child ? I'm looking for ways to improve the poem but also improve my general writing skills. Thanks

Reviews: 3
Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:56 pm
LizzieH3 says...

Can you review my poem The Worry Child ? I'm looking for ways to improve the poem but also improve my general writing skills. Thanks

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:26 pm
Samk642 says...

I was wondering if you would mind reviewing my new chapter? It's not the most fast paced yet, so I apologize, but it builds.
The Darknesses Resurgence Chapter 4

I understand that Megrim is not a gentle critter. I will not be offended if I am told to go rewrite the entire story.

(I would rather be told honestly that is sucks, than be sugar coated lies)

264 Reviews

Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:31 pm
Megrim says...

Samk is all set. Who's next?!

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:55 pm
Justlittleoleme2 says...

Hey Megrim,

I'd love it if you would take a look a my Novel:

A Gryphon's Tail.

It's Adventure/Fantasy, and one of the first novels I've ever gotten past chapter 2.
It's a blast to write, almost seems to write itself! (which is a little scary haha)

Anyway,

All I have is chapters 1- 4, 5 is in the works. I certainly don't expect you to review each chapter individually. I would simply love a review on the whole, or, if the story isn't exactly your cup of tea, at least chapter 1.

I came to you because, despite mostly positive reviews, I get the feeling my story may not be as fun to read as it is to write. -_-'

Gryphon's Tail Chapter 1: A bright and sunny morning

A Gryphon's Tail Chapter 2: Homes, Mothers, and Rules

A Gryphon's Tail Chapter 3: Alone in the forest

A Gryphon's Tail Chapter 4: Only a Fool

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:14 pm
wordwing says...

This one needs reviews: Dying country
(a challenge just for you(poem)

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:29 pm
shima says...

Could you be so kind to review my monologue/short story? Thanks! Exit monologue (for a situationship)
Last edited by shima on Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

We know what we are, but know not what we may be.
— William Shakespeare