Supporter

Reviews: 522
Wed May 13, 2015 12:43 am
Lavvie says...

Sorry, I'm not really Audrey Hepburn.

But I will give you reviews.

(You win, you lose some, I guess.)

Conditions
    -Please post your link in response. Include the text type (short story, poem, etc) and the genre.

-Please do a general proof-read. I love grammar and spelling too much to witness it at the guillotine and it will make me cry. If you don't proofread, I will cry but also give you a strict grammar/spelling lesson. Of course, sometimes you miss things but I really don't want to be reading something with a spelling mistake in every word or commas being used consistently as periods.

-Keep in mind that sometimes I get busy. I will try my best to review promptly, but life likes to meddle sometimes, as we all know.

-Please reply to my review or send me a message or anything that acknowledges that you have received my review, read it, and appreciated/disliked it. When I put in my hard work, I like to know that it didn't go to waste.

-If you give me a deadline to work with (ex: "I need this reviewed in 24 hours for a competition!"), I will try my best but I can't promise anything.

Yes, I will happily review...
    Short stories
    Chapters/novels*
    Articles/essays

Maybe I will review...
    Poetry (I can do it, but it might not be super spectacular)
    Lyrics (I approach them as poetry, with some leniency towards repetition etc)

No, I absolutely will not review, under any circumstances...
    Recipes for disaster
    Scripts (I don't know enough about it)
    Grammatical torture
    Anything horror

My favourite genres are romance (bribe me with your love), historical fiction, general fiction, drama, humour/satire, and sometimes fantasy (it really depends). I can do sci-fi but never in a million years will I do the horror that is horror.

Now, ask away!

*Chapters/novels: If you link me to the 45th chapter, I will review the 45th chapter and that is it. Please don't expect me to read the first 44 unless you ask very politely. If you really want me to review an entire novel, message me instead and we'll sort out the particulars.
Last edited by Lavvie on Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:32 pm, edited 22 times in total.

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Sun May 17, 2015 4:02 am
Ashkitten83 says...

Hi!! I wrote a tragic love story, thats full of suspense and fantasy. Its called The Secret of the Flutterby and its a short story. I really would appreciate a review if you have the time to do so. Thanks so much for your time and consideration. :D :D

522 Reviews

Supporter

Sun May 17, 2015 9:35 pm
Lavvie says...

@Ashkitten83 - done! :D

What is to give light must endure burning. – Viktor Frankl

289 Reviews

Reviews: 289
Thu May 21, 2015 5:03 pm
MissGangamash says...

Hey could you review my novel The Progeny? It's a vampire novel.

Here's the link: The Progeny (Prologue)

If you only want to review a chapter and don't mind not understanding the story, could you check out one of the latest chapters because they have the least reviews. Or if you want a new novel to get into could you review from the start?

Thank you :D

522 Reviews

Supporter

Thu May 21, 2015 5:12 pm
Lavvie says...

@MissGangamash - I'll get on it right away and review from the start. I can't promise anything really until Saturday just because I'm leaving school and have to pack, etc, but after that I'll have time. :) Hope that's okay!

And thank you!

289 Reviews

Reviews: 289
Thu May 21, 2015 5:18 pm
MissGangamash says...

Thank you so much! And don't worry, take your time ^_^ Is there anything of yours you want me to review in return?

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun May 24, 2015 12:33 am
Handinredink says...

Would really appreciate any advice on an opening for a novel :). Here is the link. Future excerpt from novel edited

Reviews: 0
Fri May 29, 2015 5:24 am
Pseudonified says...

Hi there! I just posted this recently, think you can give it a read and review? :) It's a prologue to a novel I've been working on for quite a while now. It's a work of YA contemporary fantasy.

https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work/Pseudonified/A-Royal-Reborn-Prologue-121326
I write not for the sake of glory.
Not for the sake of fame.
Not of the sake of success.
But for the sake of my soul.

522 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:49 am
Lavvie says...

@Handinredink, @Pseudonified - done!

@MissGangamash - working on it.

522 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:15 am
Lavvie says...

This is revived! I have lots of time on my hands so feel free to drop your darling links at my doorstep.

Note: I will take three at a time.

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:35 pm
Lightsong says...

Hey, please review this subchapter, Bad Lights, Good Lights [Chapter 5.1]! Thanks! :D
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

522 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:15 am
Lavvie says...

@Lightsong - I'm on it!

522 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:46 pm
Lavvie says...

I've completed the review, @Lightsong! It was a pleasure.

Also, bump.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:46 pm
Arya56227 says...

It would be absolutely fabulous if you could review my short story Homecoming today. I'm not a huge fan of writing things in the ambiguous genre "literary fiction" so I painstakingly put this together. I'm revising it (and trying to get the page count up to 25) to turn in for my portfolio in fiction class. Feedback and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Homecoming
"What if evil doesn't really exist? What if evil is something dreamed up by man, and there is nothing to struggle against except our own limitations? The constant battle between our will, our desires, and our choices?"
Libba Bray (Rebel Angels)

522 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:03 pm
Lavvie says...

@Arya56227, I've reviewed your story! :)

If you don't sign up for a review team, you're basically saying you're okay with canine amphibian metamorphosis.
— Nate