z

Young Writers Society

The Chapter List 2.0

96 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 96
Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:09 pm
noninjaes says...

My reviewing style is rather flexible and I am more than happy to customize my review for you (see review styles). I prefer fantasy and action, though I do review romance, comedy and more. If you have any questions, feel free to post on my wall or PM me.

The original (and continued) aim of the chapter list is to provide a review subscription of sorts for multi-chapter novels, providing consistent reviews over multiple chapters with a focus on extending the review beyond the in-chapter content and into a broader view of the novel as a whole as each chapter is posted. In short, you give me the title of your series and a link to the first chapter, and I will review each chapter as you post them with no extra prodding on your part.

I also enjoy reviewing poetry and am opening up to short story reviews because I am hungry for your fiction.

Review Styles:
Spoiler! :
Note: A summary review is a small review about a paragraph long explaining why I did or didn't like the piece.
1. The Writer's Grammar Check (Only for users who have been on YWS for less than 3 months.)
A summary review and an extensive spelling and grammar check.
2. Second Draft, Second Opinion
In this review, I treat the piece like my own and edit it as I would when creating a new draft. This review also contains a summary review.
3. YWS Critique Sandwich
An explnation can be found here.
4. Editors Pick
A calm, but useful review that picks out the best and the worst of the piece. This is usually 3 paragraphs or more in length and can also cover plot over the span of previous chapters.
5. The Lemon
A thorough and sometimes harsh review that is just like the fruit - sweet and pleasant when mixed with sugar, but it stings like all when when squeezed into the eyes.
6. The Slaughterhouse
In this review, your piece will be absolutely chewed to bits, and hopefully, come out a tasty, flavoursome steak at the end. This review is usually accompanied by many smileys to ease any pain.
7. The Custom Job
A completely custom review where you tell me what you want to know.

Constraints:
Spoiler! :
What I won't review:
- Fanfiction
- Non-Fiction
- Horror
- Lyrics
- Scripts

Request Form:
Code: Select all
[b]Piece Name:[/b]
[b]Piece Type:[/b]
[b]Piece Genre:[/b]
[b]Ongoing Chapter Reviews:[/b]
Yes. [ ]
No. [ ]
[b]Chapter Links:[/b]
(So on, and so forth)
[b]Review Style:[/b]
1. [ ]
2. [ ]
3. [ ]
4. [ ]
5. [ ]
6. [ ]
7. [ ] [Details: ]

Requests:
Spoiler! :
A Magpie Witching Accepted
Chapter 1 Completed
Chapter 2
The Sun of a Midnight Gray Accepted
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Last edited by noninjaes on Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:57 am, edited 4 times in total.
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016
Stories Not Otherwise My Own

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers
Being awesome since Jan 2012.

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:08 pm
Twit says...

Hi noninjaes!

Kewl form. *chews*

Piece Name: A Magpie Witching
Piece Type: Novel
Piece Genre: Fantasy
Ongoing Chapter Reviews:
Yes. [x]
No. [ ]
Chapter Links:
1. A Magpie Witching - 1
2. A Magpie Witching - 2

Review Style:
1. [ ]
2. [ ]
3. [ ]
4. [ ]
5. [ ]
6. [x] I'm selecting this option because it seems the most in-depth option, but really, whichever option you think the chapters most need will be greatly appreciated. :)
7. [ ]
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

96 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 96
Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:33 am
noninjaes says...

Seen, acknowledged, and accepted. I plan to get your first reviews up by the end of the weekend. :D
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016
Stories Not Otherwise My Own

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers
Being awesome since Jan 2012.

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:14 am
mephistophelesangel says...

Hi! I would greatly appreciate it if you could review the chapters of my new novel.

Piece Name: The Sun of a Midnight Gray
Piece Type: Novel
Piece Genre: Fantasy/Sci-Fi
Ongoing Chapter Reviews:
Yes. [O]
No. [ ]
Chapter Links:
1. The Sun of a Midnight Gray : 1
2. The Sun of a Midnight Gray : 2

Review Style:
1. [ ]
2. [ ]
3. [ ]
4. [ ]
5. [ ]
6. [O] I am always gleeful about detailed reviews from skilled reviewers! I'm a beginning writer, and I would appreciate honest critiques on my work. (If you could make some note on the actual plot/characters and the feel of the book, I'd be glad.)

7. [ ]

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:39 pm
RedMoon says...

Hey, I am currently writing a new novel, and I am looking for someone to review my chapters mercilessly. I'm not sure how often I'm going to post chapters, but I do need reviews on my novel.

Piece Name: Raya's Heritage
Piece Type: novel
Piece Genre: Realistic
Ongoing Chapter Reviews:
Yes. [X ]
No. [ ]
Chapter Links:
1.Chapter One
2.Chapter Two
(So on, and so forth)
Review Style:
1. [ ]
2. [ ]
3. [ ]
4. [ ]
5. [ ]
6. [ ]
7. [ X] [Details: I need a very harsh review, focusing on grammar and the story in general. Kind of a number six with a combo of number one. Also, could you focus on how well the chapters flow and how the characters go? And I'm not sure if the dialogue portion seems forced. ]

Thanks so much for this.
Remember, God loves you!

Half goat, half fish, all goatfish.
— OSP Red