z

Young Writers Society

Need a Loyal Reviewer for Your Novel?

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:17 am
View Likes
Brunnera says...

Hello, whoever is reading! Just in case you're looking for a loyal reader for your novel, look no further. If there's one thing I bloody love reading, it's novels. And it's hard to read novels on this site because a majority of authors don't constantly update them! :(

That, and a lot of people here post poetry, short stories etc. rather than chapters.

The reason I'm more than willing to read and review is not because I want points, it's because I love reading!. And sometimes the boredom of real life is too much to take, especially if the library near my home has no books which appeal to me.

What am I like? I'm a nice reviewer. I hate being harsh! I always look for the parts of the chapter that I enjoyed, or liked, at least, and always give hugs at the end. I don't really know what I specialize at, but I guess my strengths in my reviews are giving out sincere and thoughtful advice.

By the way, although I'm not completely interested in a story, I do tend to review at every chapter possible. Remember to constantly remind me whenever you post a new chapter.

Anyway, here's the genres I'd love to read:

1. Mystery/Suspense
2. Realistic
3. Action/Adventure
4. Friendship

I don't mind if your story contains:

1. Cursing/Swearing/Harsh Language
2. Blood/Gore
3. Different Languages (as long as there are translations!)
4. Sexual References
5. Different sexual orientations

There are certain genres I'd prefer not to read, or would only read under specific circumstances.

1. Horror
Comment: I'm not much a fan of horror, although it thrills me a lot.
Specific Conditions: Erm...I'm not so sure. Send me a link and I'll see.

2. Science Fiction
Comment: Meh, sci-fi isn't really my thing.
Specific Conditions: As long as it doesn't dwell too much on 'scientific terms' (?), or at least it focuses more on another genre.

3. Romance
Comment: Truth is I enjoy romance, but rare are the stories of this genre that I enjoy.
Specific Conditions: No cheesiness or clichés. The characters must be real for me to enjoy them.

4. Fantasy
Comment: Yeah...I'm not much of a fan of fantasies.
Specific Conditions: The ones with angels and demons and vampires etc. are ones I'm not fond of at all.

Just like everybody else, I'm particularly sensitive to certain issues, so if your story particularly involves them, I'd rather not read it.

1. Race
2. Religion

By the way, I'm one of those people who read according to the author. So, if I enjoy your novel a good deal, I'm prone to review on your short stories and poetry, if you have any.

Hmm...I guess that's basically all I can think of for now. Leave a link to your chapter! :smt003

1007 Reviews

Reviews: 1007
Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:15 pm
View Likes
TimmyJake says...

Affinity 1.0 Boy

The first chapters have plenty of reviews, but I find that as I go along, my reviewers fade away to a few, precious constant reviewers... and I am always searching for more. :) So you can review the first chapters or just read to catch up.

It is science-fiction, but doesn't really delve into that. No space-ships. No aliens. Just 2247, A.D - so higher technology of sorts. If you can't review it, I understand. :)

I hope this isn't too much, and thank you in advance. :D
Used to be tIMMYjAKE

233 Reviews

Reviews: 233
Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:24 pm
View Likes
Cithara says...

Trying: Prologue
This is romance, but it's honestly not that cheesy or cliche.
However, if you think it is, let me know how to change that! I honestly hate cliches (though I can be good at writing them when needed :P)
It would be great if you could be a loyal follower ^^
Like timmy, I had quite a few reviewers the first few chapters, and now I'm down to four or five.
If you do decided to follow it, here is the club:
clubs/2052
Thanks!
Pax in Christo

"My heart is racing even as I write,
but I plan to go on as bravely as a heroine in a
novel."~The Hired Girl

I used to be Thewriter13

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:18 am
View Likes
BluesClues says...

I have plenty of reviews on my first chapter and four people who reviewed all the way through, but if you'd be willing to read just the first chapter of a non-vampirey fantasy...then may I recommend The Book Man ? You're free to quit reading if you decide it doesn't suit your fancy! I'm just curious to see what a nonfantasy reader thinks.

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:14 pm
Lefty says...

Hey, there! I am currently posting chapters of my novel. I currently have the first twelve posted. It is a fantasy story, but only because there are sorcerers in their world. I generally classify it as a YA fantasy/adventure story. It also has quite a bit of a friendship element to it as well. But if you don't want to read it because of the fantasy element and it's not your cup of tea, that's fine, just let me know. I try to post more chapters as often as I can. I would really appreciate your thoughts on my story. I'm always looking for more opinions.

You can see my chapters here:
profile/LeftyWriter/portfolio

It is duel narrative so each chapter switches between character Lydia and Daniel. I have quite a few reviews on my first chapter but after that it fizzles to around two, and some of them are people dropping into the middle and not really knowing what's going on. So I would really appreciate it if you've got the time. And I would be happy to read and review any of your stuff as well. Thanks!
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

120 Reviews

Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:06 pm
Brunnera says...

timmyjake wrote:https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work.php?id=113460

The first chapters have plenty of reviews, but I find that as I go along, my reviewers fade away to a few, precious constant reviewers... and I am always searching for more. :) So you can review the first chapters or just read to catch up.

It is science-fiction, but doesn't really delve into that. No space-ships. No aliens. Just 2247, A.D - so higher technology of sorts. If you can't review it, I understand. :)

I hope this isn't too much, and thank you in advance. :D

You do have quite a handful of chapters. I just read the first one, though. It was flawless and most definitely intriguing! bear in mind it'll take some time for me to catch up, and I'll review on the chapter I find it appropriate for a review, and start from there.
It'll take time for me to read them, so be patient-- those reviews are coming sooner or later!

120 Reviews

Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:09 pm
View Likes
Brunnera says...

Thewriter13 wrote:https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work.php?id=112847
This is romance, but it's honestly not that cheesy or cliche.
However, if you think it is, let me know how to change that! I honestly hate cliches (though I can be good at writing them when needed :P)
It would be great if you could be a loyal follower ^^
Like timmy, I had quite a few reviewers the first few chapters, and now I'm down to four or five.
If you do decided to follow it, here is the club:
clubs/2052
Thanks!

I've just posted a review on Chapter One. Will get to work on the others soon!

120 Reviews

Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:11 pm
View Likes
Brunnera says...

BlueAfrica wrote:I have plenty of reviews on my first chapter and four people who reviewed all the way through, but if you'd be willing to read just the first chapter of a non-vampirey fantasy...then may I recommend The Book Man ? You're free to quit reading if you decide it doesn't suit your fancy! I'm just curious to see what a nonfantasy reader thinks.

Of course! I'll read your first chapter. If I'm intrigued, I will continue on to the rest. However, if I find your story interesting and that the first few chapters need not a review from me, I will keep on reading until I reach the chapter I can review xD Please be patient, it'll take some time.
Last edited by Brunnera on Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

120 Reviews

Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:12 pm
Brunnera says...

LeftyWriter wrote:Hey, there! I am currently posting chapters of my novel. I currently have the first twelve posted. It is a fantasy story, but only because there are sorcerers in their world. I generally classify it as a YA fantasy/adventure story. It also has quite a bit of a friendship element to it as well. But if you don't want to read it because of the fantasy element and it's not your cup of tea, that's fine, just let me know. I try to post more chapters as often as I can. I would really appreciate your thoughts on my story. I'm always looking for more opinions.

You can see my chapters here:
profile/LeftyWriter/portfolio

It is duel narrative so each chapter switches between character Lydia and Daniel. I have quite a few reviews on my first chapter but after that it fizzles to around two, and some of them are people dropping into the middle and not really knowing what's going on. So I would really appreciate it if you've got the time. And I would be happy to read and review any of your stuff as well. Thanks!

I will check on it right away!

91 Reviews

Reviews: 91
Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:07 pm
FireBird99 says...

Hey!

I was wondering if you could review my novel. I only have the prologue and first chapter posted but the rest will come in time. It is called The Rise of the Fallen: Prologue. It is a Medieval Adventure Fantasy type of story. It has a rangers and bounty hunters and all kinds of things. Your review would be much appreciated =)
One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.

I'm not quiet. I'm just plotting.

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:18 pm
kingofeli says...

I've got one, but I don't want to push it on you if you have too many novels to read. If you're still able to review, would you mind sending me a PM?
Feel free to just randomly message me, I get bored easily.

I'm a black, non-binary transgender boy, who is a Christian witch (tentative for now). I'm also a panromantic asexual. I sell poetry; contact me if you're interested in buying poems from me.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:39 am
R2TheR says...

Hi,
If you're still doing this I'd love for you review a few chapters of my novel.
Big Brother: An Atypical Apocalyptic Journey - Chapters 1-4 (Action, Dialogue, Plot Twists!)

I'm planning on writing a full length novel, so if you like what I have so far I can keep sending you a chunk of chapters at a time (as I write them)

Cheers!

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:57 pm
kingofeli says...

This really needs to get out of the green room, so if you'd like, I'd be very grateful if you reviewed this IRONCLAW Chapter 3.2: Hound (end of chapter)
I'll be happy to review in return!
Feel free to just randomly message me, I get bored easily.

I'm a black, non-binary transgender boy, who is a Christian witch (tentative for now). I'm also a panromantic asexual. I sell poetry; contact me if you're interested in buying poems from me.

Anxiety is the dizziness of freedom.
— Søren Kierkegaard