z

Young Writers Society

Malechitear's Maleficient Reviews.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:47 am
malachitear says...

You may have a piece of work sitting around that you need a thorough review on, or you might have just posted something that you feel needs some harsher critiques. It's fine, i'll be glad to help you out, and I'll try my best with whatever you throw at me.

I won't ask for anything in return, but maybe a thank you shall suffice :smt003

As for how I review, I'll probably start off by picking out some of the good parts (or potential good parts) and tell you if they could be made better. After, I usually move on to plot devices and pacing. For poems, I'll focus on how effective your techniques were and how I felt about it. I will not correct your grammar or spelling unless its something terribly painful to read (I might just tell you to proofread for errors at the start of my review)

You should probably check out my latest reviews for an idea of what you'll be getting.

Like I said, I'll review anything, but YWS is a big place, and there are certain dark corners that even I try to avoid:

Novels
I'm a busy man. At most I can review the first chapter and maybe even the second- but no more.

History Related
I don't like history, I don't study history, I pretty much know nothing about history, and so I probably won't get what you're talking about. So no history.

Storybooks
I haven't really gotten into storybooks just yet, so I will not be reviewing any characters.

Fanfiction (The Sappy Kind)
No. God, no. I watch anime and all of that, but if you ask me to review smutty fanfiction I will throw you off a building. If, however, (and this is a big if) you have a fanfic that you feel is decent and does something original with the characters (Like an AU or alternative ending story), then post it up here and I'll give it a go.

Religious
I'm not a very religious person and I don't know many of the references from the bible, so I won't be able to help much.

Annoyingly Vulgar
I'm okay with 18+ stuff, whether it may be for gore, sex, or language, but if you are throwing in vulgarities into your writing for no rhyme or reason then I probably don't want to read it.

Academic Essays
Again, I'm not familiar with your education system or many of the things you might talk about, so I might not touch these.

Other than these, I'm pretty much okay with anything, even if its science fiction. I'll even give a go at poetry though its a little harder :smt023

If you're requesting, please put the link of your work at the same time! I don't want to hunt for it in your profile :mrgreen:

Bring on the requests!

~Binder
The fault must partly have been in me.
The bird was not to blame for his key.

And of course there must be something wrong
In wanting to silence any song.

- A minor bird, Robert Frost

{I used to be ForgottenSpellbinder}

'Like' and 'equal' are two entirely different things.
— Madeleine L'Engle, A Wrinkle in Time