z

Young Writers Society

Switching Hosts; Site Will Be Down Sept. 10

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:28 pm
Nate says...

The site will be switching to lunarpages as it offers everything that I want, except it doesn't give me as much hard drive space as I'd like. But as I still get 1 gig with it and YWS is about 530 megabytes big, it'll be okay for at least a year.

I also looked into the url rewriting more and it may be possible to do:

http://yourname.youngwriterssociety.com

And have that linked directly to your profile. Even if it's not possible, the yourname should work fine.

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:14 am
Swires says...

Yes, forgot about the querie issue, me and my business partner cant have ZPanel to resell hosting because of query limits.

Although Dreamhost isnt for small sites, and you have to admit, the features are just amazing, virtually unlimited bandwidth, ever growing webspace, unlimited mySQL dbs. Just the queries that let it down.
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:11 am
Chandni says...

No Prob there Nate :) Sounds sweet what your going to do ;) you know if once I become a poet and promote my book, I"ll send my regards to you Nate, this site brings pleasure in writing no mather how many closings or re-openings there are ;)
I should not keep on, I'll just creep on creepin'on.

You own everything that happened to you. Tell your stories. If people wanted you to write warmly about them, they should have behaved better.
— Anne Lamott