z

Young Writers Society

Default clubs for new members

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:05 pm
Nate says...

The clubs section is very much under-utilized; given the right love, it could easily be transformed into the most popular section of YWS.

To help with that, I'd like to start making some clubs the default for new members. But, I don't know which ones to make default. So... ideas?

Some conditions:

- Cannot be religious or political.

- Whether the club is popular or quiet doesn't really matter. As long as it has at least a few members, it can be included.

- No more than 10 defaults.

Right now, I'm thinking of:
- Buddy System
- Gamer's Playground
- Random Facts
- Book club
- Poetry

Random avatar

Reviews: 161
Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:25 pm
View Likes
kayfortnight says...

What about the Ink Puppeteers? Many newbies never even hear of the storybook forum until months into YWS. I only found it pretty quickly because I saw this tab, was like, "Oh! Shiny!", clicked it, and fell in love.
This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:56 pm
Omni says...

clubs/1669 - Storybook Revolution, if you want.

That club might close and a newer, more broad Storybook Club might be made, but I would love a Storybook club to be available to everyone!

Also, a new Squills club might be popping up, but I don't know if everyone would actually want that.
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:41 am
crossroads says...

Ink Puppeteers is a nice club, and if I may say so, it has amazing members.

Perhaps the Your Novel club? I think if the Poetry Club is added by default, so should be clubs of other genres. Not sure if there are specific Short Story/Script clubs, but I think that could be pretty nice.

Maybe the Buddy Up club? It's what Buddy System is often confused with - it's there for people who wish to work on collaborations, and might be quite a cool place for making friends.
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:27 am
View Likes
Nate says...

After thinking this over, I've decided not to go through with it.

The problem is the notification system. New members will end up registering and getting notifications from a club they possibly have no interest in.

But, some changes to the club system are definitely coming, such as a search system and a different way of organizing the main club index page altogether.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
— William Shakespeare