z

Young Writers Society

Help me create a better submisison form

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:00 pm
Nate says...

Yes Letiki, it is truly necessary to disable the file submission for mobile. It doesn't work.

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:23 pm
View Likes
skorlir says...

Nate wrote:Just tested it on iPad, and I found out that the problem is that the iPad doesn't let you upload files because it lacks a file system. So I'll just have to disable the Upload box when using it on iPad.

On Android it seems to work as long as you have a file manager installed. But seeing as how the vast majority of people don't, I'll disable it on Android as well.

Most android phones in production today come with a "Files" app, including Samsung and Motorola. Just so you know.

Also, the link you gave no longer works. Perhaps that means the new form is coming soon?

425 Reviews

Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:43 pm
Nate says...

File submission on mobile does not always work even with a files app. So I'll repeat this: file submission does not always work on mobile so therefore it will be disabled for mobile.

And yes, the form is down. That's because I'm working on it.

425 Reviews

Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:34 am
View Likes
Nate says...

About 24 hours have now past from the time that I had hoped to have the new submission form available. So, I thought I'd update as to what's going on with it.

Right now, the new submission form is actually on par with the current submission form, and could technically be made live right now. But, in re-doing the submission form, I've decided to make some very substantial changes to how the submission form works.

Stay tuned!

Nouns can verb very well actually, they verb better than some verbs do.
— winterwolf0100