z

Young Writers Society

Welcome to the Grand Re-opening of YWS

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:12 am
View Likes
Nate says...

YWS is currently celebrating its Grand Re-opening! Originally, this was only going to be a 1-day event, but that's proven to be impractical for yours truly. Instead, it'll be a week-long festivity spectacular!

What to expect:

March 24 - Pro-account re-introduction and free bookmark giveaway! Although everyone will be eligible for a free bookmark no matter where they come from, it'd be helpful if even just a few people from outside the US sign up for a pro-account when those are available (donations will also be available). This is due to the cost of postage. At any rate, the bookmark giveaway will last through the end of the month.

March 26 - Better portfolios! You'll be able to add cover art and upload attachments to each folder.

March 28 - Achievements! Initially, these may be restricted only to Knights of the Green Room, but more achievements will be added over time.

March 30 - Undisclosed secret game! This is probably the most advanced programming I've ever done, and while it's completed already, it's very buggy. But trust me. It's worth the wait.

March 31 - Review Day!

57 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 57
Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:58 am
View Likes
Animal says...

Another ReasonMore Reasons To Love YWS
deleted

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:31 am
View Likes
Rydia says...

I want the secret game, gimme now! That said, all of this sounds really amazing!
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

96 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 96
Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:02 am
View Likes
noninjaes says...

Pro accounts: Yus! (I've got a small stash of cash that I've been saving for this moment), Achievements: Yus! (I'm a Knight, albeit a lazy barely knighted one, but I'm all for achievements for everyone. Though, us over at the YWS Fleet may have a few achievement ideas). Secret game: Yus! (I want to know moar!)

*Huggles* Thanks for all the awesome work, Nate. This shall be awesome.
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016
Stories Not Otherwise My Own

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers
Being awesome since Jan 2012.

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:30 pm
View Likes
Hannah says...

Oh yes! I am so ready to go pro~ I mean, I spent like 300 dollars on a spring coat so I can spend a million dollars on YWS! 8D

And hopefully bright shiny things on profiles will help get the Knights the two remaining needed knights!
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:12 pm
reason says...

Nate wrote:Pro-account re-introduction

YWS broke a few days ago -affecting a great deal of users. They were unable to post until Cole figured out we could quote others. Other issues have persisted -no replies offered on the Report a Site Bug thread since February 25: writerpad, my posts, portfolios (unsorted public are the only ones displayed), and a slew of other problems persist. Countless of posts began with apologies and footnotes of: this is not too important.

What is going on? Why do you first post about Pro-accounts and a Grand Re-opening when YWS is flailing coding wise to provide features? It's been a MONTH Nate since anyone has heard of you in that Report a Site Bug thread. Cadi has been offering alternative methods, but let's be honest. The features should be working in the first place.

That's why I'm shocked to hear that this site is offering Pro-accounts. When I pay for a product or a service, I expect a professional dialogue in exchange for my money.

57 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:32 pm
Animal says...

reason wrote:
Nate wrote:Pro-account re-introduction

YWS broke a few days ago -affecting a great deal of users. They were unable to post until Cole figured out we could quote others. Other issues have persisted -no replies offered on the Report a Site Bug thread since February 25: writerpad, my posts, portfolios (unsorted public are the only ones displayed), and a slew of other problems persist. Countless of posts began with apologies and footnotes of: this is not too important.

What is going on? Why do you first post about Pro-accounts and a Grand Re-opening when YWS is flailing coding wise to provide features? It's been a MONTH Nate since anyone has heard of you in that Report a Site Bug thread. Cadi has been offering alternative methods, but let's be honest. The features should be working in the first place.

That's why I'm shocked to hear that this site is offering Pro-accounts. When I pay for a product or a service, I expect a professional dialogue in exchange for my money.

I was happy about the pro-account thing but this post changed my view. I suggest that you add a donation box but pro won't work out till the normal is fixed.
deleted

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:39 pm
View Likes
Blues says...

As far as I know, pro accounts simply used to mean that you could turn off advertising and were a way of donating to the site. :)

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:54 pm
View Likes
Kale says...

There is still real money involved, and the point I believe reason and Animal are trying to make is that they expect YWS to be polished and fully functional before any money talk is brought up. Basically, finish the product before you try to sell it.

As it is their money, it is their choice whether to spend the money or not, as well as to voice discontent with the product they have been offered.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

57 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:06 pm
Animal says...

Kyllorac wrote:There is still real money involved, and the point I believe reason and Animal are trying to make is that they expect YWS to be polished and fully functional before any money talk is brought up. Basically, finish the product before you try to sell it.

As it is their money, it is their choice whether to spend the money or not, as well as to voice discontent with the product they have been offered.

Buddy, nothing like that, just that reason brought up the topic and I was like > Yes, that's true. I would love to donate to YWS if YWS added a donation thingy. But pro thing is not helping. YWS need to do focus elsewhere first. It is not like that I am against it or something.
deleted

58 Reviews

Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:11 pm
reason says...

Nate wrote:That means anyone who has donated at least $25 in the past automatically has a lifetime pro-account.

source

Did you keep the list?

Nate wrote:As part of this, any person who has donated to YWS would receive recognition through a supporter badge (a bit longer and thinner than the current badges, and situated below one's avatar). The badge would be permanent, and would even have "levels" on it.

source

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:57 am
View Likes
PenguinAttack says...

So Nate has totally been away climbing mountinous things which are probably actual mountains but I don't know because Africa is really far away.

While your concerns are entirely valid about these aspects of the YWS which are not currently working to their fullest capacity, Pro Accounts already existed before Apollo. What Nate is doing is bringing BACK a feature and not creating a new one. This is for those people who have previously donated (Yes, he has a list) and again for people who feel they want to donate.

Please try to remember that Nate not only went away for an extended period but he also has a job which keeps him busy. The frustration is valid, the tone of your response was borderline rude. I'm sure Nate will get to looking at those other feature issues once the celebrations are over - why don't we all just have some fun and celebrate a bit?!

Seriously, how exciting to see Apollo now compared to this time last year?!
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:59 am
Hannah says...

Yeah, I wouldn't want to spend my time in Africa fixing bugs on a website that I earn no money for instead of climbing Kilimanjaro either.
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:16 am
View Likes
PenguinAttack says...

D: Why would you climb a mountain that wants to kill men?!

I mean you could, because you're a lady. But men should probably not do that. If if they do, avoid jars at all costs.
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

58 Reviews

Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:45 am
reason says...

Cadi stated that he would be gone for a bit in Report a Site Bug, I acknowledge this. I do realize he's got a paying job, but the moment he announced he would re-introduce Pro-accounts -a product for all purposes, Nate opened himself up for accountability.

I don't recall making a fuss about bring back a feature versus a new one. My issue lies in -as Kyll succinctly stated: finish the product before you try to sell it. There's a key difference between donations, of which I have no problem with, and offering Pro-accounts.

He had time for a press release and time for this. Yet there is still no post in Report a Site Bug from him. I'm particularly eager hear what is going on with writerpad. Nate has done a decent job in the past about warning us the server was down -the silence is jarring.

Pigeon poop is the best way to solve problems.
— Pompadour