z

Young Writers Society

Tamora Pierce YWS Interview?

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:59 am
Nate says...

I don't know, possibly.

I want to start posting interviews with published authors on YWS, and who better to start with than Tamora Pierce? In a few days, I'm going to send her an e-mail with questions, and hopefully she'll respond (I think she will, but it could take a couple months). So, if you have a question that you'd like to ask Tamora Pierce, just post it here. I'll select the best ones and then send them to her.

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:06 am
smaur says...

Just a note to people with questions: you might want to make sure your question hasn't already been answered on her FAQ. :)
"He yanked himself free and fled to the kitchen where something huddled against the flooded windowpanes. It sighed and wept and tapped continually, and suddenly he was outside, staring in, the rain beating, the wind chilling him, and all the candle darkness inside lost."

Reviews: 1
Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:44 pm
Harmony'sSake says...

That sounds like a good idea. I will check her FAQ then come up with some questions asap!
"You should have died! Died rather than betray your friends as we would have for you!" Sirius Black

You know you are obsessed when you know enough quotes that you could use a new one everyday for almost a year!

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:27 pm
Dream Deep says...

Ooh! Ask Y. Euny Hong to do an interview! Or Gina Oschner! Khaled Hosseini! Anne Lamott! Heather Seller! *runs in circles and falls over*

425 Reviews

Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:53 pm
Nate says...

DD, this is not a thread to post suggestions of other authors.

Does anyone have any questions that they would like to be sent to Tamora Pierce??? I'm sending it tomorrow, and I'd really like to include questions from everyone else since I'm not very familiar with her work.

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:07 pm
David Guinness says...

I'm not really familiar with Ms. Pierce's work either, but perhaps a question about which of her characters are her favorites? I don't remember seeing a question like that on her FAQ.
David Guinness

425 Reviews

Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:21 pm
Nate says...

David Guinness wrote:I'm not really familiar with Ms. Pierce's work either, but perhaps a question about which of her characters are her favorites? I don't remember seeing a question like that on her FAQ.

Thank you David

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:37 pm
Sam says...

1. What's her writing day like? (What does she do, what does she expect to get done, etc.)

2. How does she plot or prewrite for a novel (if at all)?

3. What's her editing process like?
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:08 pm
Rei says...

How does she keep disciplined and not get off task?
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:24 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

1. How did you get into writing?

2. How long does it take you to finish a book?

3. What are you working on now?

4. Is there anything you'd like to say to the members of our site?
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

Reviews: 0
Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:25 pm
View Likes
deloclya says...

- Which of your fantasy worlds is your favorite?

- I understand that you wish to empower girls through much of your writing, as many of your heros are in fact, heroines; that aside, I greatly enjoyed Briar in the Circle of Magic books and wondered if you'd consider writing more books with male main characters? Why/Why not?

- How many projects do you generally work on at one time?

- How long does your planning process generally last if you have a planning process? What sort of technique do you use - post its, story boards, outlines, et cetera?

- Which character do you identify the best with, or which character is most like you?

I could probably come up with more, if you'd like :) I'm sort of familiar with here work... :P She was the first fantasy author that I really got into! I can't wait until she replies [if she does!] :)

425 Reviews

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:36 am
Supermal says...

I'd just like to hear a step-by-step of the publishing process after you've got a publisher. I sometimes hear little details, but it's never all together and there's always stuff missing.
How long does the publishing process usually take?
What do you have control over (book covers, about the author, etc.)?
Who all do you communicate with during the process?
That sort of stuff. It's a pretty broad subject though...
Good luck with it, too :D It's be awesome to get an interview with her, eh?
~Michelle~
Who needs friends when you've just bought a brand new pen?

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:31 am
Jennafina says...

My questions (hope I'm not too late.)

When did you decide to be a professional writer? What triggered your decision?

Do you encorperate personalities of people you meet into your characters? They all are very realistic.

How do you decide what to name your characters?

If you were going to live in the house of one of your characters, who would it be? Which one would you get along best with? Which one might annoy you?
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:31 am
Wiggy says...

This may sound stupid, but who is she? I've heard of her, but am not familiar with her work. What are some of her books?

Some questions (general ones):

What age did you start writing?

Do you have any objects you use that "trigger" inspiration when you're writing books?

What is your favorite book?

What are your future plans?

If you look at Writer's Digest (I'm such a sucker for that mag :D), they have some pretty good interview questions in each issue. Can't wait for the interview!
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
— Albert Pines