Young Writers Society

Introducing Guess Timezone

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:35 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

I did post something about this earlier but it got eaten by the database crash.

Anyway, today I installed a mod which automatically detects your time zone and whether daylight savings is in or not. You can find it in your User Control Panel (the cog tab) under Board Preferences right at the bottom. Hit "Guess Timezone" and it will automatically detect the correct time zone for you based on information from your operating system. This is very useful for people who never update their time zone settings when daylight savings come in, or for people who travel.

If you're already in the correct settings, you can still see the magic happen by picking an incorrect time zone from the drop down menu and then hitting the button. It will correct it for you!

And it's mostly exciting because Nate let me loose on the YWS code and I didn't break anything.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:12 pm
View Likes
Lava says...

...And I thought we'd be havving some sort of game here.
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:52 am
AlfredSymon says...

Yey! Time zone confusion is out of the list :D !
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

A true poet does not bother to be poetical. Nor does a nursery gardener scent his roses.
— Jean Cocteau