z

Young Writers Society

WriterFeed Pad is back!

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:05 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

WriterFeed Pad is back! To access your WF Pad, just look in the "Me" menu up top. You'll see it below "My Works" and "My weblog." If you previously had a pad, all your data is still there.

For new members, WF Pad is an online word processor program. In fact, it's exactly the same as TItan Pad, which I know a lot of members use.

As some people will recall, WF Pad used to suffer from some database problems. For example, if you changed your password on YWS, it didn't change on WF Pad. This is because the two sites are on different servers and use completely different databases.

However, I managed nonetheless to find a solution to the problem. Now if you change your password, email, or username on YWS, it'll be reflected on WF Pad. Although, keep in mind that there will still be a delay due to database signals and server caching.

And just for fun:
http://writerfeedpad.com/forfun

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:32 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

*A million times liked*

One very nice little hack, if you ended up having a lot of password protected pads and no longer remember the password, yet are asked to put it in to log into the pad:

Go to the admin panel and recover the text by entering the pad ID, which is a simple number (1 to however many pads you made), hit "submit" to that number, then hit submit to the number of revisions listed. You'll get the pad text back, and when you click on the pad again, you can access it. Then you have access to the password again. You can see it by clicking "Security" then "change", which turns the word from dots to the actual letters.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:22 pm
fireheartedkaratepup says...

asa;dfja;djfj I HAD FORGOTTEN ABOUT THIS. Finding things you forgot you wrote is a nice little surprise.

...well, thing. I didn't put much there before it disappeared. XD
"Ok, Lolpup. You can be a girl worth fighting for."
--Pengu

96 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 96
Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:40 am
noninjaes says...

Yayayayayay! I joined YWS a little before WriterFeedPAd stopped working. I'm glad to check it out again!
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016
Stories Not Otherwise My Own

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers
Being awesome since Jan 2012.

532 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 532
Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:14 am
View Likes
GeeLyria says...

I had so much fun reading my old writing. xD <3
Noob is a state of being, not a length of time. ~Ego

"Serás del tamaño de tus pensamientos; no te permitas fracasar."

That there's some good in this world, Mr Frodo - and it's worth fighting for.
— Samwise Gamgee