z

Young Writers Society

Report a site bug

Reviews: 2
Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:11 pm
View Likes
Hymar says...

As much as I love this site and appreciate the benefits I get from the reviews of my works, I almost always end up looking like a Grade school kid with the problems I encountered with paragraphing whenever I try to submit a piece. It has discouraged me from submitting too frequently.

Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:55 pm
View Likes
Hymar says...

By the way, am using my mobile's Uc browser version 8.6

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:15 am
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

reason currently can't access YWS. He gets this when he tries:

Spoiler! :
Screen shot 2013-01-10 at 2.52.57 PM.png

Screen shot 2013-01-10 at 2.52.44 PM.png

He's tried:
Mac OS X Version 10.6.8
Firefox 18.0 and Safari 5.1.7

Windows 7 Home Premium
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv: 17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0

Although, apparently writer feed pad works.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:57 am
View Likes
Lauren2010 says...

So this has actually been a thing for a while, but I kept forgetting to note it somewhere until I just ran into it again.

Anyway. When clicking on a hashtag (it may work the same for the /backslash mention things) to view all times that hashtag was used, you can only view the first page of results. When clicking on a page tab to navigate further back, it takes you to that page only back in the people tab history and not the hashtag history. If that makes sense.

Basically: I clicked the #itscoming hashtag because I wanted to see who was the first person to use it. There are 4 pages of instances where #itscoming has been used. I clicked the 4 tab, only to be navigated to page 4 of my People tab.

I don't know if other people have this issue, but I've had it happen various times over the past however-long on multiple browsers.
Got YWS?

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:13 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Hymar ->> Submission of works on mobile may not work properly because the submission system relies on javascript. However, after the work is submitted, you can add paragraphs by adding a line in between each. I know it's not perfect, and I am working on something better.

Rosey ->> That may have to do with the Cloudflare DNS issues from earlier. WFP is on an entirely separate server from YWS, and it's not routed through Cloudflare either. If it still persists tomorrow, have reason send an email to webmaster@youngwriterssociety.com.

Lauren ->> Thanks for reminding me about that. The reason it's not working is because I haven't bothered to properly implement pagination for hashtags. Up until now, it hasn't been a problem because almost no hashtag has more than one page of results. In any case, I'll get it working soon.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:04 pm
crossroads says...

Sooo me again. I feel bad for stopping by here so often (especially as my problems aren't something big), but this time I have a whole different issue with notifications.
Remember when I said I'm not getting all I should? Well, now I get more than enough. For one answer posted on someone's wall, I get, like, five notifications at least. With SBs it seems to be fine, only with people's statuses there's a problem. It's kind of annoying, and weird.

Something's up with the site I upload pictures to, so I can't give you the link yet :s
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:23 pm
iEuphoria says...

Okay! A friend of mine has been having a problem for the past three days.. He can't seem to access the site. Whether he tries a different browser or computer, nada. He's tried restarting the computers, cleaning his cookies and cache. Everytime he tries to access the site, this is what appears: http://imgur.com/GPOY6
Btw.. This 'friend' is BogWraith. o.o What should he do? :T

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:21 am
Stori says...

time of incident: 11:00 PM (or around there)
Description: Chat is no longer displaying anything but a blank white field with a tab on top.

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:11 pm
PenguinAttack says...

This isn't super important, but my banner is now starting to double, at the side. I assume it's because of the new size of the panel, but... would it usually just reset the banner size?
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

425 Reviews

Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:53 pm
Nate says...

iEuphoria ->> That may be related the cloudflare outage earlier this week. Ask Bogwraith to try clearing his browser cache.

Stori ->> Probably a cache issue. Just hold down shift while refreshing the page, and that may clear things up.

PA ->> Heh, I didn't think anyone would notice! The problem with resizing the banners was that they would be distorted. So now they just repeat, which works pretty well with most profiles although obviously not all. However, you can upload a new banner image, and it'll be fixed. I apologize for the inconvenience.

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:30 am
PenguinAttack says...

Haha, thanks! It's okay, just weird seeing Bubbles start to appear on both sides.
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:49 am
deleted15 says...

Nate, I accessed the site using my own computer but at a friend's house today. It wouldn't work on any computer in my house and I even factory reset my router and modem. However, I just got home and switched my VPN on, I can now access YWS fine on my computer at home, but only if I'm using an IP address I get from the VPN company. So I think that this suggests that the problem lies with my ISP? Unless of course... you've IP banned me to get rid of me and break PenguinAttack's heart. </3 Haha.

In any case... It looks like I'll be visiting YWS through my VPN until the ISP sort things out.

Edit: Just looked a few posts up and saw the pictures of what reason was seeing when he tried loading the site and it matched mine, so I guess it's not my ISP's fault after all. Did clearing the browser cache work for reason? Because it didn't help for me at all and even though I can access the site through my VPN, it isn't always going to be ideal as I cannot use the VPN on more than one computer.
Dec 18 2012, 7:43 PM
AmelieoftheValley: ...Aet and Bog sometimes sound like a comedy duo.

Dec 18 2012, 7:43 PM
AmelieoftheValley: Just pointing it out.

The neap tide draws.
The Kellerok nears.
Caterjunes.

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:29 pm
DevanEWilliams says...

This just now happened to me.

I was going back and editing a short story of mine, but when I clicked "preview", it reset the page with the textbox containing the original post.

I've never noticed it before...has anyone else noticed this?
Stay away from limbo bears.
And always have extra marshmallows on hand in case of emergencies.

High Quality Reviews Available Here! viewtopic.php?f=188&t=96280

Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:04 am
pinkemogirl says...

I'm on Firefox, not sure what version, sorry, and I've attempted to edit my (only) work three times over several weeks. Every time, it shows up as having worked, then when I come back later, it's gone back to how it was when I originally posted it.
F**k is good. F**k is poetic expression for the unsayable soul.

-Skins

425 Reviews

Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:26 am
Nate says...

Devan ->> Thanks for reporting that. I don't have time to fix it, so I've just renamed "Preview" to "Reset."

Pinkemogirl ->> Should all be working now! What was happening is that when you went to edit, it was loading an old revision. It will now load the most current revision.

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't.
— Bill Nye