z

Young Writers Society

Lots Of Names Deleted: DO NOT PANIC

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:42 pm
Nate says...

heh

The spam bots have found the site again, and are busy registering names. I've deleted all the ones they've made so far, but if you spot an odd one, let one of the admins know.

So how do you spot a spam user? Easy. They always have a link to a viagara site or something else like that as their website in their profile. Also, all of the ones I deleted have a birthday of March 28, 1983. So if you see someone with that birthday, be very very suspicious!

To keep it from happening again, I've added a required field that asks "Are You A Human" in the register form. The default is no, and most spam bots will not be programmed to change it to yes. Since this type of field is becoming more and more popular on forums, someone will eventually program the spam bots to get around it, but for now it should work fine.

I also deleted all inactive members from before June 2006. Most of these were spam bots as well.

493 Reviews

Reviews: 493
Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:00 pm
Misty says...

Wow. Spectacular, keep up the hot job...

I didn't know such a thing even existed. :P

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:06 am
View Likes
Shine says...

Hey who is this Anonymous person.

This person has viewed everyones profile so many times.
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:18 pm
Areida says...

Hee hee, I like it. Hopefully some member who really likes aliens won't think it's funny to put no and then be all depressed when they can't register. :P
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

Act in the valley so that you need not fear those who stand on the hill.
— Danish proverb