z

Young Writers Society

New Game on YWS: Sudoku

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:24 am
Nate says...

When I brought YWS back, I purposely did not bring back the games. They were silly and none of them had anything to do whatsoever with writing. All the games were stuff you'd find on addictinggames.com rather than what you'd expect on a writing site.

That being said, I've added the addicting game of Sudoku to YWS. For those who've never played it, Sudoku is a very fun, very addicting logic based game. Anyways, I feel that games like Sudoku (and chess if I can get it to work properly) are games that seem natural for a writing site.

If you've never played, I highly suggest playing it! Sudoku is a lot of fun, and once you start, you'll love it. To get to it, look on the board navigation menu on the index pages.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:27 am
Areida says...

Really?! Cool, Nate! Thanks. :mrgreen:
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:35 am
Meshugenah says...

*grins* excellent.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:37 am
Snoink says...

I think I'm too stupid for it.. .:?
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:53 am
Poor Imp says...

Oy, this is neat. Not that I've ever played...I just realised how it worked - makes it a bit more sense now.
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:12 am
Crysi says...

OMG. Nate, you're my hero. I worship you.

No, seriously. My boyfriend and I have become addicted to this... We even found a site where we can play it online, and we'll be talking on the phone and playing that at the same time. It's amazing.
Love and Light

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:44 pm
Areida says...

Do you play at websudoku too, Crys? That's so funny you and Kevin do that. My best friend from third grade and I play sudoku on separate computers in the same room and sometimes on the phones too. :D
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:06 pm
Cassandra says...

Ooh, I love sudoku! Thanks for adding it, Nate!
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:13 pm
Snoink says...

I figured it out! :D

If you're lost, I find that looking at an example always helps for me, so check out [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suduko]Wikipedia's article (with examples!) on Suduko. :)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto (I am a man, I don't consider anything human foreign to me)
— Terence