z

Young Writers Society

Banners & Ads

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:45 pm
Nate says...

Very soon, ads will be coming back to YWS to help pay for the site. They will be 468 by 60 and displayed in the overall header (in other words, next to the main logo). That latter also means that an ad will be displayed on every page rather than just three.

However, the Google Ad bot does not index every page. This means, there are a lot of pages for which it has no data. When that happens, the google ads display a public service announcement. However, what I'm going to be doing instead is display an ad of my choice.

What those ads will be are images that advertise other portions of the site. For instance, one will be for Squills. Another one will be blogs, and that's pretty much it.

I would like to also display banners that advertise user groups, and even other member's web site. If you have a website or a user group that you want to advertise, here are the guidelines:

- The banner cannot be animated
- The banner must be 468 by 60. I will not resize it for you.
- If it's a user group, just make sure the banner looks good.
- If it's a web site, make sure the banner looks good, but also make sure that your web site looks good and that it's appropiate.

Send all banners to: webmaster@youngwriterssociety.com.

huh. didn't realize santa was a batman fan-
— Mageheart