z

Young Writers Society

YWS: Apollo Updates Thread

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:28 am
View Likes
Blues says...

At first, I read it correctly. Then when I read this thread, I keep seeing it as New York. xD

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:14 am
AlfredSymon says...

Hoorah! Yes, I'd rather copy my piece, together with all of its font modifications, from my word processor than copy the text only. I REALLY think it is more productive since we can easily design our pieces, thus quickening the publishing process. I hope that modification stays!

Oh yeah, just a question. Are the 'Edit' 'Delete' etc. links up yet? I heard they are, but when I checked, they're not. If not, when will they be put up?

Your Quick Critic,
Al
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:29 pm
Dr. Who says...

Help! How do I get to the fanfiction works section? Or any other genre section for that matter.
She's my forever

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:35 pm
Lava says...

Dr. Who wrote:Help! How do I get to the fanfiction works section? Or any other genre section for that matter.

Click on the tab that says "Browse"
On the left click either Novels or Short Stories
Click Fanfiction from the list.

:)
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:07 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Thanks for reminding me about the broken links. I'll create a fix for that in the next couple days.

Notifications will be going live later today. Commenting on profiles should also go live today, although that's less certain.

By the end of the week, we'll also have a real front page again.

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:13 pm
Skorpionne says...

WOOHOO! Notifications, how I've missed you!
I've learned so much from people who never existed - Unknown

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:31 pm
Dragongirl says...

Amen to that Shor!

And Nate, nice job on the site, it aint lookin to shabby!

I'm just excited for the new members, they don't know yet what pure amazingness they are getting into. ;)

~DG
"Every writer I know has trouble writing." - Joseph Heller

~ A word to the wise ain't necessary, it's the stupid ones who need advice.~
- Bill Cosby

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:21 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

Oh yeah, just a question. Are the 'Edit' 'Delete' etc. links up yet? I heard they are, but when I checked, they're not. If not, when will they be put up?

I don't think they're up yet.

For notifications, can we possibly get it so that whenever someone replies to our reply (as in, a review or something) we could get a notification? That way, if a writer asks us for further clarification, we can know really quickly. :)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:10 am
Pilot says...

By edit and delete is that referring to options for your own posts? Because I have that on my own posts, if that helps.
I don't always write on forums, but when I do, I prefer YWS.

Sharpen your pencil, my friends.

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:17 am
ShootingStars says...

I really like all the changes for the most part, but keep wondering why on the 'add new work' tab the submit space is so tiny? Am I not doing something right? :shock:
---Shooting Stars
When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are. Anything your heart desires will come to you. -Jiminy Cricket

Don't be afraid to jump, to leap, to fly too far and don't be scared to touch the stars!

12 Reviews

Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:19 am
Pilot says...

Yeah, I couldn't find it right away. I think it should go next to blogs, as well as a button for "review works."

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:24 am
Rosendorn says...

JustSoNinja wrote:By edit and delete is that referring to options for your own posts? Because I have that on my own posts, if that helps.

I believe they're referencing the ability to edit/delete your own stories. You should be able to edit your own posts on the forum layout, but the browse area doesn't use forum coding. :)

ShootingStars wrote:I really like all the changes for the most part, but keep wondering why on the 'add new work' tab the submit space is so tiny? Am I not doing something right? :shock:
---Shooting Stars

You can stretch out the submit space by clicking the bottom right corner. That lengthens it, but doesn't make it wider.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

12 Reviews

Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:02 am
Pilot says...

Oh, I get it. That makes more sense.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:12 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Notifications are going to be a bit delayed. I decided it makes more sense to build them into the new profiles, which are of course not ready yet. However, I have started on the new profiles and will hopefully have something together very, very soon.

12 Reviews

Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:04 pm
Pilot says...

By "very, very soon" do you mean in a week or so? That's what I've been told by other YWSers, and I'm wondering when the profiles will come, I'm excited.

Maybe I should say something quote-worthy, like, I dunno... "You can only be happy if you decide to be happy?"
— Necromancer14