z

Young Writers Society

YWS: Apollo Updates Thread

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:02 am
View Likes
Cspr says...

Just wondering: is the point system normal? Thinking of perhaps posting the first chapter of a WIP novel I've got going, but I'm not sure if the whole review-get-points-post-something-using-points thing is working properly?

-scared-

Feel free to call me stupid, but . . . yeah.
My SPD senses are tingling.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:16 am
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

I'm pretty sure it's not set up yet, Cspr. :)
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:54 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

Naaaaaaaaaaaaate! I want more feeeeeeeeeeeatures! Stop doing important life stuff, and GIVE ME PRESENTS.

Spoiler! :
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Reviews: 3
Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:00 pm
View Likes
NicholasStone says...

Kind of hoping to see a Friend request and Private message option straight from the person's wall.
He stumbled slightly, the limp in his leg still there. He dared not to look at the place he used to call home. He could feel the heat from the fire, the fire that he himself had ignited. He blinked back tears, as he limped away.

1272 Reviews

Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:01 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

NicholasStone wrote:Kind of hoping to see a Friend request and Private message option straight from the person's wall.

That was a feature of the old site that will be coming back. :)

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

96 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 96
Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:40 am
View Likes
noninjaes says...

I'm not sure if this is the time or place to report it, but when commenting on reviews/comment on literary works, the reply turns out as a bit of hard to read, small grey text with no background. It would be appreciated if this was fixed if you have time.
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016
Stories Not Otherwise My Own

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers
Being awesome since Jan 2012.

1272 Reviews

Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:09 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

noninjaspresent wrote:I'm not sure if this is the time or place to report it, but when commenting on reviews/comment on literary works, the reply turns out as a bit of hard to read, small grey text with no background. It would be appreciated if this was fixed if you have time.

Try refreshing, Ninja. :) That gets rid of the grey!

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:48 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Hey everyone, I'm really sorry for being incommunicado for going on a week here. Me and a couple of other people started an internet marketing business for lawyers a month ago, and one thing after another pretty much went wrong this past week.

Things should quiet down by Tuesday fortunately. In the meantime, the answer to all of the various requests for this or that is:
Nope. Never.

;)

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:43 pm
View Likes
Dragongirl says...

Nope. Never.

Haha! Love it!
"Every writer I know has trouble writing." - Joseph Heller

~ A word to the wise ain't necessary, it's the stupid ones who need advice.~
- Bill Cosby

425 Reviews

Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:45 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Just a quick warning, but the chat may go down at any time. I haven't paid to renew it, and I'm not sure I will. However, if it does go down, I'll make sure an alternative is put in place pretty quick.

Here's the issue:

Way back in June, I noticed I was being double-billed by the people who make the chat room (it's hosted by a chat company and I have very little control over it, though people don't seem to ever understand this). I brought it up with them, and they told me there was nothing to worry about. A couple months went by, it kept on happening, and I cancelled it then.

Now, there have been so many months of double-payments that even though I have not made a single payment since August, it hasn't mattered. But, I'm somewhat hesitant to re-initiate the billing. I don't want to start getting charged double again.

So, we're going to last as long as possible without them cancelling the account, and then start experimenting with some other chat programs. If they don't pan out, then we'll switch back to what we have now.

425 Reviews

Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:19 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Actually, scratch part of the above.

We'll be sticking with the current chat, but there may be a day-long lapse when it's not available. I'm just going to create a different account with them, and hopefully that'll solve the problem. Looking at my account right now, they're still trying to double-bill me.

96 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 96
Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:24 am
View Likes
noninjaes says...

Maybe the new account will solve some of the problems. Good work with everything! The new site is looking awesome. I can't wait to see what you do with profiles.
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016
Stories Not Otherwise My Own

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers
Being awesome since Jan 2012.

253 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 253
Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:48 am
View Likes
RacheDrache says...

Will Sidebar be cured of his grumpiness? Find out soon in the next episode of Chat!
I don't fangirl. I fandragon.

Have you thanked a teacher lately? You should. Their bladder control alone is legend.

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202

425 Reviews

Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:16 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

We have a brand new chat!

We are now using a combination of two chat programs. The main chat is handled by Chatroll. The main features of Chatroll is that it's lightweight, your site avatar is displayed next to your username, and you are automatically logged in. However, private messaging on Chatroll is awful. Which is why we also have...

Cometchat! Cometchat is terrific. It's a Facebook-esque private messaging bar that sits at the bottom of your screen. With Cometchat, you can do all your private messaging, and even arrange groupchats. However, it lacks a main chat which is why we're also using Chatroll.

YWS is unique in combining these two chat programs together, and I think the end product is great. It's flexible, lightweight, and easier to use than the old chat program. They're also cheaper. Over a year long period, YWS will save over $200 with this new arrangement.

Have fun! And join us in chat!

I’d heard he had started a fistfight in one of the seedier local taverns because someone had insisted on saying the word “utilize” instead of “use".
— Patrick Rothfuss, A Wise Man's Fear