z

Young Writers Society

Grammar Crusade!

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:14 am
Nate says...

Because a lot of the programs on this site were written by people whose native language is not English, there is a lot of incorrect grammar floating about. Going through the language files line by line to find it is tedious, so if people could let me know here whenever they come across a message written in poor grammar, I would really appreciate it. Just leave a copy of the message, as well as where you came across it, and I'll fix it.

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:18 am
Ares says...

I haven't seen anything but I'll look out.

-MH

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:17 am
smaur says...

Yay! I found something:

your Birthday are required on this site

when trying to fool the Profile thingy. Speaking of (though I should probably post this in the much more topic-appropriate 'Missing Features'), is there any way to hide your birthday? We used to be able to do that, I think.
"He yanked himself free and fled to the kitchen where something huddled against the flooded windowpanes. It sighed and wept and tapped continually, and suddenly he was outside, staring in, the rain beating, the wind chilling him, and all the candle darkness inside lost."

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:39 am
Firestarter says...

Aha! I know smaur's age. I feel so ... powerful.

Anyway, I haven't noticed anything yet, but I keep checking.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:01 am
Elelel says...

Awww ... we're getting rid of stuff like that? I thought they were funny!

Well, I haven't noticed anything in the new YWS yet. My personal favourite in the old one was the "You have been loged on, Please wait to return to the index" or something. It had the incorrect spelling of "logged" and the capital in "please", deffinately. It made me laugh everytime I logged on.
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:41 am
Nate says...

smaur wrote:Yay! I found something:

your Birthday are required on this site

when trying to fool the Profile thingy. Speaking of (though I should probably post this in the much more topic-appropriate 'Missing Features'), is there any way to hide your birthday? We used to be able to do that, I think.

Unfortunately, the program I'm using for birthdays is a very simple program and does not allow for that. That being said, it's really something that's not hard at all to set up.

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:12 pm
smaur says...

Nate wrote:Unfortunately, the program I'm using for birthdays is a very simple program and does not allow for that. That being said, it's really something that's not hard at all to set up.

Good to know. :)
"He yanked himself free and fled to the kitchen where something huddled against the flooded windowpanes. It sighed and wept and tapped continually, and suddenly he was outside, staring in, the rain beating, the wind chilling him, and all the candle darkness inside lost."

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:52 pm
Snoink says...

It should be "Join a Usergroup." Notice the small "a."

...that's been bugging me for a while. XD
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Alexa, are there European frat boys
— Carina