z

Young Writers Society

YWS 3.0 Bugs

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:40 pm
Nate says...

I fixed as many as I knew about today, but there may still be more out there. In particular, if anyone comes across something like this:

Error
DEBUG MODE
Line : 234
emailer.php

E-mail me at nathan.caldwell@gmail.com immediately! I fixed it during the preview stage, but I think it may pop up again. If you do come across it, it's no biggie, just annoying. Any post you made or anything else you did went through.

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:04 pm
Meshugenah says...

The "read full" option on recent literary additions on the front page doesn't work. I got this:
Not Found

The requested URL http:// was not found on this server.

I clicked on the topmost one, which, at the moment, is Rei's. I tried a few others, old and new, and none worked.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

425 Reviews

Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:14 pm
Nate says...

Thankee Mesh. It be fixed now.

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:55 am
Wiggy says...

Thanks Nate. I'll keep an eye out for it!
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:01 pm
Fishr says...

I'm not sure if it's a bug, or just my comp but before YWS was taken down, I was able to enter the chatroom fine and without problems.

Now, the chat doesn't load for me at all. In fact, it takes a century, and I'm still not in it.

Before, the chat loaded quickly and worked fine, but now...

Any ideas?
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

425 Reviews

Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:18 am
Nate says...

Not sure fishr, I just logged in and it's working fine for me. Were there a lot of people on when you were trying to log on? That could have been the problem; the chatroom is a very cheap piece of software I bought and so it's not exactly optimal.

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:28 am
Fishr says...

Actually, yes. There was quite a few people on, while I was trying to log on.

But thank you for the reply. :)
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:31 am
Snoink says...

When I didn't use the right password, I got a 404 error. Perhaps there's a page missing?

EDIT:

Also, I edited this post on one of the writing tips forums, and I got the same amount of points again. Is that supposed to happen?
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Random avatar

Reviews: 109
Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:01 am
Teeeeo. says...

I got somewhat of a bug...

When I edited my blog (Cuz Koda was gettting old), each time I go on it, I get a flash of my background pic, then it disappears... Strange...

425 Reviews

Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:18 am
Nate says...

The blog program is an old program that I need to update anyways, so it just may be because it was a beta program when I installed it.

Snoink, regarding the login, that just had to do with me neglecting to update a few things when I moved the site from yws to just youngwriterssociety.com.

The points thing isn't really supposed to happen, but it does... it should, though, only give you points for the words you added.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:38 am
_fallingstar_ says...

Er...

I got an error when I tried to upload the avatar I was using on TSR.

It said:

DEBUG MODE

Line : 251
File : usercp_avatar.php
My high school senior mascot is a dragon. Take that, monkey!

Blackle.com--saving energy one search at a time.

425 Reviews

Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:52 am
Nate says...

No idea why you're getting the debug message, but you should be getting this message:
The avatar must be less than 100 pixels wide and 100 pixels high

Your avatar is 150 by 150 over at TSR (proboards automatically resizes images to fit guidelines, this board does not). You'll need to resize your avatar to 100 by 100. To do this, I suggest Picasa, or perhaps another member would be inclined to help you?

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:57 am
_fallingstar_ says...

I thought that I resized that...

Oh well! I'll just do it again!

Thank you Nate!
My high school senior mascot is a dragon. Take that, monkey!

Blackle.com--saving energy one search at a time.

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:10 am
electricbluemonkey says...

When I try to use iCGDark the background turns all white and the font size becomes gigantic.

And when I post using that skin, this shows up on a new page:

Template->make_filename(): Error - file ./templates/iCGdark/add_attachment_body.tpl does not exist
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:38 am
Griffinkeeper says...

For the mod squad, the "Delete this post" icon is missing, instead it is just written out in text.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

they say money can't buy happiness, but what they don't realize is that money *can* buy novelty socks.
— blueca